Chapter 14: Weak

[The culprit is a canon character in the show! You may not remember them though ;) Have fun!]

-------------
[The Next Day]

Saki sent a group text that said 'Let's meet up at the manga store!' Which meant that she decided on a time to start the plan. Mikado got dressed and made his way to the manga store.

He saw Saki and walked over. "I'm assuming you've formed a plan?" He asked her, noticing that Kida wasn't with her.

"Yes. I have been observing Kanra all night and they were on at 7pm to 8pm. That's typically around the time when students do their own thing for a but before going to bed, so this fake Kanra could very well be a student." She explained.

Mikado was impressed, Saki was smarter than she gave herself credit for. It was a shame that she was used by Izaya so she couldn't realize her full potential.

The two stood in silence as they waited for Anri and Kida. Saki kept checking her phone while Mikado tapped his foot nervously.

Saki was on the group chat:

Himi has logged on

Himi: Hello there!

Saki: Hi Himi.

Setton: Greetings Himi-chan!

Kanra: HIMIIII. How have you been?

Himi: I've been good... I got myself a boyfriend recently...

Setton: No way! That's so cute!

Saki: I hope he treats you well! My boyfriend is very kind to me.

Himi: He has a bit of a temper but he's so nice to me! My son loves him too!

Setton: That's good!

Kanra: Awww Himi that's so exciting!!! Invite us to the wedding ;)

Himi: It's too early to think about that!

Saki: Maybe so, but I know I would love to marry my boyfriend when we're old enough.

Setton: So sweet! I've also been considering marriage but if I said anything about it my boyfriend would probably freak out and not want to wait!

Kanra: But that just means he LOVES you!

Taro Tanaka has logged on

Taro Tanaka: Since when did this chat become a chat for relationships?

Setton: But don't you have a girlfriend?

Taro Tanaka: Yes but it's strange to talk about all these relationships when we don't even know the people we are talking about.

Kanra: True! Just imagine that one of us could be within reach and we wouldn't know it!

Saki has logged off

Taro Tanaka has logged off

Saki and Mikado logged out of the chat as Kida arrived. He hugged Saki and started ranting about how much he had missed her even though they had seen each other the day before.

A few minutes later Anri arrived looking flushed. "Sorry I'm late! Erika had me try on cosplays with her and I didn't see the text until after I left..." She explained.

Mikado smiled reassuringly. "It's fine, Kida only got here a couple minutes ago so we weren't waiting long." Anri smiled back and held his hand before looking back at Saki.