Chapter 11: Culprit

-------------

Izaya tried to sleep but couldn't. Sakura didn't log into the Kanra account so who did? He thought back on all his main enemies and the ones who would have a notice for doing something like that but he drew a blank.

'This person knows how Kanra acts so maybe it's someone who is in the chat? Namie maybe? But why would she hack the Kanra account?' He thought, staring at the group chat.

He watched "Kanra" interact with the others. Izaya assumed Mikado already privately messaged the person pretending to be him, since it was unlikely that Mikado would hack the Kanra account.

"This whole thing can't be happening... if this were to happen why didn't they do it sooner? This doesn't make any sense." The ex-informant mumbled sleepily. He was exhausted from everything that had happened but couldn't seem to sleep.

'Looks like I have to go back... I have to find out what is happening..." Izaya texted Sakura trying to seem inconspicuous in case someone was reading his texts.

'Hey Sakura! I need you to babysit tomorrow, I have a meeting. I'll bring Yuu over to yours in the morning. Sorry if it's too last minute!' He sent the message and leaned back.

"I just want to rest...then I can go figure out what's happening. But I have to talk with some old friends." He thought out loud, spinning in his chair with an amused smile.

'I forgot about how much of a thrill I got from knowing more than other people. Maybe I can get info for my own sake...? That wouldn't be going back to old habits would it?'

He tried to think of things he could do to prevent himself from going back to old habits. Gaining info isn't bad, selling it to other people and using them for his own personal gain was bad.

He decided that he would talk to Sakura about things he could and couldn't do when he got the chance. All he really wanted at that time was some sleep, which he still couldn't get due to the coffee he drank.

He sighed and started drawing out panels for a new manga he was working on, since he finished his first one he wanted to start branching out into other genres to get himself more if a following.

He drew and made backdrops for scenes, he wrote notes on where the main story would end up and how the characters would get to the ending he had planned. He worked through the night, trying to get his mind off of the Kanra situation.

He would deal with the fake Kanra in the morning. They had only just started, he could wait until morning to start investigating. He checked on Yuu who was asleep before heading to his own room to sleep.

He fell asleep fairly quickly but that sleep wouldn't last. His dreams were plagued by nightmares, nightmares that made him worry about the safety of Yuu and Sakura.

-------------
[The next morning]

Shizuo didn't expect to run into Sakura again, but it happened. Sakura was babysitting Yuu, again. It made Shizuo wonder if Yuu's father was capable of raising him right. He offered to watch the child since he didn't have work and Sakura had to go help Shinra.

Sakura reluctantly agreed and left Yuu with the ex-bartender. She gave Shizuo Izaya's phone number in case something went wrong, she also texted Izaya telling him that she left Yuu with Shizuo since she had to go to work.