Chapter 8: Jealousy

-------------

Shinra woke up next to the love of his life, Celty. The dullahan was sitting up watching the news while waiting for the doctor to wake up. She noticed he was awake and started typing on her PA. 'Good morning Shinra.'

Shinra smiled and sat up. "Good morning Celty!" He hugged her and got out of bed, he quickly got dressed so he could spend time with Celty before working.

If Celty could smile she would have. Ever since Izaya died Shinra usually woke up from nightmares or flat out couldn't sleep. She was glad he was able to sleep peacefully for once.

The couple spent their morning relaxing and watching TV, no shows were on so they settled for watching the news.

"In other news: The manga author Psyche, creator of the Aya series, will show his face to the public for the first time! He will be signing copies of the final book in the series, which is now in production to become an anime!" The newscaster said.

Shinra looked at Celty and laughed "Should we go?" He asked her, even though he already had the author's autograph.

Celty typed on her PA. 'Yea! It will be my first time at a signing and we might get to see Sakura and Yuu there!'

Shinra nodded, "I can text Sakura and ask if Yuu can bring the drawing of you, since you want to see it." He offered, pulling out his phone.

Celty would have nodded eagerly if she had a head but she settled for typing out a 'thank you' instead. Shinra smiled and sent the text to Sakura.

He got an immediate reply: 'Iza said Yuu could bring the drawing. After the signing there is going to be an after party for VIP's. Want me to pull some strings so you can join?'

Shinra showed the text to Celty. She immediately typed on her PA 'That would be nice, but tell her she doesn't have to go to the trouble.'

"She will probably do it even if I say no, that's how she is." Shinra said, sending a text back to the female doctor.

After a few minutes Shinra got a reply. 'Tell Celty that I insist, dress fancy for the party. See you at work! :)' Shinra laughed after reading the message out loud to Celty.

"See? Nothing to worry about my love! Plus you'll have more time to spend with Yuu-chan! You seem to be fond of him." Shinra said before frowning.

Celty got worried when the doctor frowned, 'Are you okay? What's wrong?' She typed before showing him the PA.

Shinra leaned against the dullahan and sighed. "I just..... Do you think he hated me..? When he was stabbed and in the hospital I just ignored him...am I allowed to be happy...?" Celty was shocked by his words, ever since Izaya's funeral Shinra hadn't said anything about the informant.

She typed on her PA, wanting to comfort Shinra. 'I'm sure he didn't hate you, he loved all you humans right?'

Shinra gave her a weak smile as a tear rolled down his face. "Right..."

-------------

"Papa Iza! Look what I drew!" Yuu said, running into Izaya's office.