Chapter 20: Himi

-------------

Izaya ran as fast as his legs would allow, yet he still couldn't outrun Shizuo for long. He'd have to find a way to escape, quickly. He looked around and found an alley with walls that Izaya knew he could climb.

He ran to the alley. Shizuo smirked, knowing he trapped the flea. When he turned though, Izaya was gone. He growled and threw a sign on the ground in anger, the flea escaped, again.

He angrily marched away, fists clenched. It was strange to be chasing Izaya again, but what was strange was that Izaya was definitely in no shape to be running around like that. He hated to admit it, but he was worried. He was dating him at one point so he tried to use that as an excuse.

As he was walking he heard the rumble of a motorcycle get closer and closer. Celty. She parked next to him and brought out her phone. 'I got the kids back home, Chi refused to go to the hospital so Manami took her to her house and is taking care of her. She probably doesn't have long...'

Shizuo stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I don't know how to feel about that. Sure she was insane but that's all thanks to the stupid flea. But even then she didn't need to go this far." He groaned and kicked a nearby trash can. Celty would have sighed but she didn't exactly have a head. She picked up the trash can and put the trash back in it.

'He changed right? So why is he acting like he didn't? You and I both know he's different. We need to find Sakura and Yuu-chan, oh and please call Shinra for me too. Tell him everyone's okay.'

Shizuo sighed and pulled out his phone. "Shinra? Yeah Celty is with me. We're all fine. Izaya got away....yeah....do you know where your stupid assistant is? Okay, bye." He stuffed his phone back into his pocket, not looking pleased. "He doesn't know where she is, but he's glad you're okay and all that gross mushy crap."

Celty nodded, wearing her helmet helped with being able to say things without actually saying them. 'Well then get on my bike, we'll search for them together.' Shizuo was about to respond but was stopped by a tiny shout.

"Aunt Celty! Mister Shizuo!" Yuu yelled from inside a car. Sakura sighed in relief when she saw the two.

"Hey guys! We're looking for Iza, Shizuo I'm sorry for not telling you about him but he knew you'd hate him if you found out. He really wanted to make amends but didn't know how." She stopped herself from rambling and gestured for the two to get in the car.

Celty pointed at her bike as a way to ask 'what about this?' Sakura just smiled and said, "Strap it to the back." Soon enough the pair was in the car and they were off to find Izaya.

"I don't blame you Sakura, I just feel used. He knew who I was and what he did, it's just hard to think it wasn't a trick or a setup." Celty was confused, it sounded like it went deeper than just Izaya lying about his identity to trick them to be his friends.

"I'm sorry but he really does love- I mean care about you all."

It wasn't hard for the dullahan to connect the dots.

-------------

Izaya waited for Shizuo to leave the alley, he was hidden on a nearby rooftop. He was waiting to make sure Shizuo had stopped pursuing him before he began to head home. His old home, not the one he had created with Yuu and Sakura.

Sure, he felt bad about leaving Yuu, but he wasn't fit to be a father. Someone like him wasn't capable of change. The only thing he was good at was making people's lives a living hell. He was only meant to be a dumb flea. An annoying bug that only brought misery.