Chapter 22: Reunion

[Oh did I say see you in a week? Whoops. I lied. Enjoy this as an apology for not uploading last week! Two updates in a day! I really hope you like it.]

-------------

Izaya smiled and twirled in his chair as Namie began sorting files. "I know you're normally creepy but why are you just spinning? That's weird even for you. Usually you make fun of me or talk about your playthings while doing the spinning. Your silence is disturbing me."

"Oh Namie you wound me! I wanted us to get along this time around. Plus I'm not tormenting anyone at the moment, I'm just thinking about my latest job. It's a real doozy for someone who hasn't been in this field in a while. Plus I am also a famous mangaka under a pen name so I need to keep up with that too." Izaya spun in his chair some more, looking as if he was deep in thought.

"I didn't know you were famous, I thought you were just infamous because of how disgusting you are." Namie didn't look up from the papers she was sorting. She didn't want to look into the informants eyes. He was way too observant and she did not want to feel like he was reading her mind.

Izaya sighed and turned back to his computer. "For some reason, an anonymous figure wants information on your brother's dear girlfriend. Weird. If it was you then you'd just pay me up front."

Namie walked over to the computer. "What do they want to know?"

"Have I piqued your interest?" Izaya smirked and pulled up his 'case'. "They want to know what type of ties she has to the dullahan head. But how do they know about Celty's head?" He was genuinely curious. This was the perfect job to bring him back into the game.

Namie typed a few things on the laptop. "If you break it then you better pay me to replace it." Izaya said in a playful tone.

"Shut up. I'm trying to see if anyone from my company commissioned you. They may be wanting to hurt my precious Seiji and are using his vile girlfriend as a coverup." Namie hadn't changed at all. She had the same awful fashion sense, same haircut, and the same brother complex. He found her obsessive behavior towards her brother very disturbing but left her personal life alone.

He wasn't being paid to be a part of that mess and even if he was, he probably wouldn't accept that job. Namie's issues were too much for even the best informant in Ikebukuro. "You think someone would want to hurt your brother? Why would someone have something against him?"

"They may want to overthrow me and might want to use dear Seiji to do it. I've worked my way up the business ladder since you've been away." She seemed very proud of herself.

Izaya clapped and took his laptop back. "I'm so happy for you dear Namie. I will look into this more. I'll even hire someone to be a bodyguard of sorts for your brother. If the girl gets hurt on his watch then it was just an unfortunate accident." He smirked a malicious smirk. One he hadn't used since losing his emotions.

Namie smiled and held her hand out. "I won't insult you for the rest of the day."

Izaya shook her hand. "Pleasure doing business with you."

--------------

Yuu, Sakura, Shizuo, and Celty searched Izaya's apartment but came up with nothing. All his valuables were gone. He beat them there. "What the hell? Where could that flea be?! He wouldn't be at the other apartment right? That would be too obvious...right?"