Chapter 13: Caring

[This chapter is just a bit shorter than all the others but hey! Two chapters in a day! Enjoy!]

-------------

Shizuo and Izaya immediately pulled away from their kiss when they heard Erika's squeal. "Erika you better not post that!" Shizuo yelled angrily.

"Hey! If you can't be with Izaya then I deserve to post this picture of you two!" She argued before smiling. "So how long have you two been sneaking around?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

Izaya buried his face in his hands from the embarrassment. "Miss Erika please don't post the picture. I'll be in your debt if you keep this secret for me." He offered.

Erika thought it over. "Deal! Your payment will be hanging out and cosplaying with me and Walker! We might invite Anri-chan too!"

Izaya mentally groaned but forced a smile. "I'll do that for you. Just promise that you won't post the picture and you won't say a word about this to the public." He said, making sure she understood.

Erika nodded, her smile growing wider. "Oh, our whole group is here and Anri-chan brought the boys. Kida-kun invited his girlfriend!" She said excitedly before exiting the kitchen.

Shizuo and Izaya shared nervous glances as they left the kitchen, unsure if they could trust Erika not to say a word about what had happened. Izaya was still trying to process it for crying out loud!

Shizuo, Shizu-chan, the man that wanted him DEAD. Kissed him. How the hell was he supposed to feel about that?! Sure, he may have developed feelings for Shizuo but what would happen if his identity was revealed?

Shizuo would definitely think he was tricking him and messing around if he found out.

'What will I do?'

'Do I reject him?'

'Do I say yes?'

'He'll kill me if he finds out'

Izaya was torn from his thoughts by Yuu. "Papa, everyone is here! Let's eat!" He cheered, grabbing his chopsticks.

Izaya smiled and served the hotpot to all of his guests. 'Ha, serves Namie right. I can have hotpot with friends!' He thought.

The table didn't fit everyone so Izaya, Celty, Shinra, and Shizuo ate on the couch while everyone else sat around the table. The four talked while eating and Izaya forgot about the little scene in the kitchen.

"Oh, Iza. I heard Erika squeal. What was that about?" Shinra asked.

"O-oh it was nothing! She was just fangirling." Izaya made up an excuse, the scene replaying in his mind.

Shizuo laughed at Izaya's struggle. "Yea. You know how she is. She was excited to meet Iza again." He helped defend Izaya since he also did not want to mention what had happened in the kitchen.

Shinra didn't ask more questions and the four watched the group at the table tell jokes and stories. Yuu wanted to show them pictures but he didn't want to get food on them.

Izaya watched the scene, feeling... bittersweet. He could have had this all much sooner if he hadn't manipulated people. He didn't even remember why humans had fascinated him so much.

He couldn't understand his own mind and sometimes he still woke up with the urge to go back to his old ways.

Sakura and Yuu would nag him and he realized that with help, he could change.