CH6: a wounded heart

Third POV:

The ship sailed, Ahri and Grey spent the day looking over the ship.

when it was nighttime, they had dinner which was bread, some soup and milk, and then they went to their room for the first time since they got on.

It was pretty simple, just a room with a small space, a door to the bathroom, a window and something they were familiar with.

"Only one bed?!" They said in Union but Ahri was more enthusiastic.

"Does this world have a shortage of beds or something?" Grey asked closing the door behind him.

"I'm not complaining" Ahri shrugged and sat down on the bed.

Grey sighed "you're not going to let me sleep anywhere else, are you?" Grey asked and Ahri shook her head playfully "great" he sighed and started taking off his armor.

When he was done, he sat besides her on the bed and Ahri's tails went to her other side where she started brushing them.

"So you said Piltover is a place where they have something called technology?" Grey asked referring to the night in the village.

"Yeah, don't you have technology in your world?" Ahri asked and Grey shook his head, she didn't know much about it but she understood what it was "well... did you have devices in your world?".

Grey nodded "Yeah, we had lifts, gates and a few crossbow turrets" he didn't see much about them but he managed to see some.

"Well... technology is kind of like that" Ahri tried to explain "but more complicated and uses something called electricity".

"Electricity?" Grey repeated when something clicked in his head "Oh you mean like lightning? We used a lot of it back in my world".

"Wait, what?" Ahri asked a little taken back.

"Lightning was a famous element for sorcery and miracles in my world" Grey explained which made Ahri a little bewildered.

She then realized that she doesn't actually know anything about Grey's world "you know, I told you about this world so how about you tell me about your's".

Grey smiled "well it's not the most beautiful but I'm still willing to call it home".

Grey started telling her about the places he visited in his world, the snowy lands of the Boreal valley, the woods of the road of sacrifice and the land of Lothric, he then spoke of the different convenients, and what they do.

Ahri had to agree that his world wasn't very pretty, even scary at some points, but she still smiled at how happy he talked about it.

Grey finished talking about the many convenients "wow, so what about other Abyss watchers, were you friends with them?" Ahri asked and suddenly Grey's smile vanished.

He stayed quiet for a second before speaking again "l-let's talk about that later, it's getting late, so let's go to bed" Grey said in a shaky voice.

He was trying to change the subject and Ahri knew it, but she let it go for now and lied down on the bed with Grey going to his own.

Ahri POV: dream.

I opened my eyes and saw I was in this embty void filled with fog, I looked around but couldn't see anything else.

"hello" I yelled but all I heard is echo "anyone?" I called out again but ended with the same results.

I began walking around trying to find something, anything, but I didn't... until I heard a voice.