CH37: The Maven

??? POV:

It's that nightmare again… this horrible dream. Everything is dark, I can't see anything. Just an empty void.

I tried to call for anyone, but… to someone who can't speak, it's like trying to breathe without lungs.

I just sat there in the dark… when “Hello?” I heard a voice. It had too much echo in it, but it was still a person.

I was absolutely shocked. This is the first time that this had happened. Even though I knew no sound would come out, I tried to call for them.

“I can hear your voice.” They replied surprising me. Then I saw something shine in dark green light in the distance.

Even though I didn't know anything about it, I started walking towards the light. I got closer and closer until I can see the source clearly.

The source of the green light was a medallion. It had a deep shade of green and a drawing of a wolf's head.

A hand then appeared offering itself to me “It's alright, you are not alone.”

I hesitated for a second. Usually, this is a nightmare where I'm all alone, but someone was here with me.

Against my better judgment, I reached forward and held the hand. It gently grabbed mine in a warm yet firm grip.

For the first time since I started getting these nightmares, I wasn't alone. Suddenly, the light of the medallion got brighter before covering everything.

Third POV:

A woman woke up from her slumber. She sat up on a bed with blue sheets. Dark purple curtains were stopping the sunlight from coming through the window.

She threw her legs off the side and let them touch the golden colored carpet. Next to the bed was a nightstand with a board-like, slightly diagonal instrument with strings.

The woman came out of the bed and walked towards a mirror. After standing in front of it, the mirror revealed a beautiful young woman with long blue hair wearing a dark blue nightgown.

The young woman started massaging the side of her head while looking at her reflection in the mirror.

That's… new.’ she thought before looking down in thought. ‘Maybe I should see Soraka about those nightmares. But this is the first time that someone was there with me, and more importantly… they heard my voice?’

Somewhere in the Institute:

Grey woke up in Ahri's, or their bed. He sat up and saw that Ahri wasn't on the other side. The Undead looked around suspecting her to come out and tease him but she didn't, which was a little suspicious.

He just shrugged it off before going to take a shower. When Grey was finished, he dried off and checked the schedule before going to the living room.

There he found his two roommates. Ahri was gathering stuff in a purse while Nidalee was getting her spear ready.

“Good morning.” Grey greeted making his presence known.