CH15: Portraits

Third POV:

Grey entered the dining hall and found where everyone was sitting and went besides them.

Ahri was the first to speak "great match Grey".

Grey nodded "thanks".

"yeah, normally first matches don't go so well" Lux said and chuckled "like Ezreal's".

"please stop mentioning that" Ezreal groaned.

"so my match won't be for a while, do you guys have anything to do?" Ahri asked wanting something to do before her match.

Lux was the first to speak "oh, did you guys see your Portraits yet?".

"portraits?" both Ahri and Grey asked.

"yeah" Ezreal nodded "they make portraits of champions and give a few words from them to help the summoners get an idea of who they are" he explained "if you haven't seen yours, then let's go check them out".

"sure" Ahri replied, they all got up and started making their way out of the dining hall.

They took a few turns and stood at the entrance of a long hallway with paintings and plates under them.

"alright, we're at the end and both your names start with an A, so we'll see ours first" Ezreal said.

They started walking through the hallway and stopped by Shyvana's Portrait, it was about her walking through smoke with her hands on fire and a silhouette of wings on her back.

"I am of two worlds, yet I belong to neither" Ahri said reading the plate under the picture "kind of a downer don't you think?".

The crossbreed shrugged her shoulders "it's still true nonetheless" she replied and they continued.

This time they reached Lux's Portrait, she was smiling and creating a bright light around her.

"The light inside is what makes me different, and I’m always careful where I shine it" Ahri read and raised an eyebrow "for some reason I can't picture you careful".

Ezreal chuckled "you have no idea, one time in a match, Lux actually-" he was cut off by a punch from Lux.

Said woman was blushing "I swear if you tell anyone about that your first match will go puplic" she threatened which made Ezreal go quiet.

Garen shook his head with a smile because of his sister's reaction, they then reached his Portrait, It was about him swinging his great sword while giving a war cry.

"This kingdom, and its people, have given me everything. What kind of man would I be if I gave any less in return?" Grey read "that's very honorable of you".

"thank you" Garen replied and they continued walking until they reached Ezreal's Portrait.

The Explorer was sliding down with a smirk on his face and his gauntlet on "If I don’t know the rules, then how can I be breaking them?" Grey read and tilted his head "that's... One way to look at things".

Ezreal shrugged "hey, it's still true".

They reached Ahri's Portrait next, she was looking over her shoulder with an orb of fox fire in her hands and her tails spread around her.

"Human emotions can be more volatile than even the deepest magic" Ahri read the words under her Portrait.

"that actually sounds like something you would say" Grey added.

Ahri crossed her arms "you make it sound like I'm a mischievous person" she said and the Abyss Watcher responded by giving her a deadpan look, after a couple of seconds Ahri sighed and raised her hands "okay, I might say something like that".