CH31: Women

(A/N: I truly apologize for the late update, I made this chapter long and full of events as a way to make up for it, I hope you enjoy it).

Third POV:

"THEY LET THAT MANIAC LIVE!?" yelled a very angry Xayah.

She was sitting in the dining hall with Rakan, Grey, Ahri and Nidalee. The three roommates just explained that Maia was set free.

Grey was petting Silver who was having his breakfast. Ahri was just as annoyed as Xayah, and Nidalee just came to understand what happened during the mission.

"You think that's bad?" Ahri questioned resting her head on the palm of her hand with an angry expression "they also made her a champion".

"WHAT!?!" the two lovers yelled absolutely shocked that Maia was not only let go, but also became a champion.

"why would they do that?!" Rakan asked angry that the person who tried to kill his lover was given such a position.

"So let me get this straight" Nidalee said and pointed at Maia who was sitting in a table not far away "she tried to hunt you for fun, and wants all Vastaya dead to proof that she's the best hunter?".

"Yes" Grey cleared up ignoring the fact that Maia was staring directly at him.

Aki then reached their table and Ahri stood up "so, do you know why they let her go?" she asked.

The shy summoner nodded "yeah, apparently she was already sentenced for execution".

"Then why is she still alive?" Xayah asked.

"Well... Before the execution, she asked for something called trial through judgement" Aki replied and everyone looked at her confused.

"Is it anything like trial through battle?" Grey asked making the others that were sitting in the table look at him confused.

"And what's that?" Rakan asked what everyone was thinking.

"It's an old costume" Grey replied "it's when someone asks for their fate to be decided through battle. If they win? They live, if they lose? They die" he explained.

"So?" Ahri said looking at Aki "is that it?".

"well, sorta" Aki replied scratching the back of her summoner hood "trial through Judgement is like that, but instead of battle, you go through the Judgement, and if you pass you're let go while also becoming a champion".

"Why would something like that exist?" Xayah asked thinking that such a way to deal with people was stupid.

"T-That rule was made when the Institute was first created" Aki explained feeling uneasy by the Rebel's glare "t-they were really low on champions, a-and they made it to give more people the chance to join, there's a lot of champions that joined like this" she explained what the other summoners had told her.

"I did wonder how they allowed someone like Jhin to stay alive, and I guess that's how" Ahri pointed out while Xayah huffed and sat back besides her lover "So why can't we just kill her now?".

"you can't" Aki said shaking her head "there's a lot of champions that hold grudges against each other, so the Institute made a rule that says the Champions can't attack each other outside the rift while they're inside the Institute".

"I have a question" Grey said making everyone look at him while Aki sat besides Ahri "you said that her kind of Vastaya is supposed to be extinct, so shouldn't you be glad that they spared what could be the last of her kind?".

Xayah rolled her eyes "if it was any other kind of Vastayan, I would be happy, but not a Tengu. I was actually hoping they'd kill her so that her kind can finally go extinct" she said harshly making it clear she doesn't like that peculiar race.