CH30: True Hunter

(A/N: First, I apologize for the late update. Second, this is a rather long chapter, I don't usually make chapters this long, this chapter is 6K words, so sorry if it's a bother).

Third POV:

Ahri and Xayah looked in shock as the person who captured them revealed that she was a Vastayan.

The woman stood in front of them with her wings spread. The two captured Vastaya realized that the clawed gauntlet was the weapon Grey mentioned.

"Yes" the woman said breaking the silence "I'm Vastayan, and my name is Maia" she said with her grin still present

"W-Wait, I don't understand" Xayah said in confusion "why would you kill other Vastaya?".

"Now you ask that?!" Ahri asked since Xayah should have asked that first and Xayah just glared at her.

"Because Xayah" Maia said surprising them by knowing the rebel's name "you're right about us Vastaya" she said while her wings fluttered once as she started circling Ahri and Xayah "we're far better than the humans, in fact we're better than any other creature on Runeterra. We have the skills of animals, the smarts of humans, and natural connection to magic. That's why we stand on top of the food-chain, which also means that we're the ultimate hunters and prey, that's why I want to hunt every other Vastayan out there. To proof I'm the best hunter, that I stand on top of the food-chain, even above the Vastaya" she said.

"And your idea to do that is to hunt down our kind into extinction?!" Xayah yelled summing it up.

Maia looked at her and blinked a couple of times before smiling "precisely" she answered naturally which surprised both her captives "now you're getting it" she said before laughing.

"You... You're worse than Jhin!" Xayah yelled and Ahri agreed with her. Jhin didn't care who he killed, humans, Vastaya, they were all 'art' in his eyes.

But this woman... This psychopath, wanted the extinction of her own kind to proof she's the best hunter.

"Oh please, don't compare me to the Golden Demon" Maia said waving her right hand that had the clawed gauntlet "after all, I'm proving that we Vastaya are the best" she said as if what she's doing was a good thing.

"Not a good philosophy when it's used against you, huh?" Ahri said with a deadpan expression looking at Xayah over her shoulder.

Xayah pumped the nine tailed Vastaya with her elbow "Shut. Up." she threatened.

"And what a catch I have today" Maia said making them look at her "the infamous Raven herself" she said putting one of the claws of her gauntlet under Xayah's chin.

Xayah just moved her head away with a scowl. The last thing she wanted was for her past to catch up to her, but it did explain how Maia knew her name.

"And a one-of-a-kind nine tailed Vastayan too" Maia said as she moved the claws to Ahri's chin "I have to say, I never even heard of your kind before" she said with a smirk.

"Yeah, I've been told that many times" Ahri replied moving her head away from Maia's claws.

"Both great catches, and should make for a great hunt" Maia said as her wings dropped down looking like a cloak again "and both at the same time. You know, surprisingly, it's my birthday today" she said with a laugh and spreading her arms "I guess wishes on this day do come true!" she yelled laughing.

"You won't get away with this!" Ahri said as she struggled with her bindings.

"Who's going to stop me?" Maia asked with a grin "the idiot Vastayan who can't look away from the mirror for five minutes?" she put a finger on her chin "oh! Or better! That weak human with the stupidest hat that I have ever seen" she said referring to the other two champions. To Maia's surprise, both Ahri and Xayah started chuckling "what's so funny?" she asked.