Chapter Two : Leave me alone, please

Chapter Two | Leave me alone, please

Worst feelings:
crying yourself to sleep,
being ignored, discover the person
you love loves someone else,
someone falls out of love with you.

Princess Cèline revealed the 1 piece of advice she'd give her younger self

Her Royal Highness Princess Cèline of Wales has stressed the importance of being present in the moment - and putting your phone down.

She said it's important to avoid slipping down the Instagram "wormhole" and feel empowered by social media.

The Royal Princess was speaking at the Bazaar At Work Summit at Sotheby's in London on Thursday.

Princess Cèline has revealed the advice she'd give to her younger self - and what she had to say was relevant to anyone living in the constantly-connected world of 2018.

The 31-year-old was speaking at the Bazaar At Work Summit at Sotheby's in London on Thursday, a day of inspirational talks from influential women across business, art, fashion, food, health, and wellbeing.

Harper's Bazaar editor-in-chief Justine Picardie asked Princess Cèline of Wales: "What's the one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?"

This was her response:

"The biggest lesson that I've learned over my life really, is the importance of being present, and being in the moment, and not getting hung up on what happened yesterday, or last week, or last year, and not worrying too much and too far into the future and being anxious about it.

"All you can do is control the moment that we're in, and I think that applies to everything across the board in life, and I think you can get really caught up worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow, and you can punish yourself for what happened yesterday, and you're missing the moment."

She added: "I think any time that you're going through a challenging time or there's a struggle, for me the number one thing to remember is to take that time to centre myself and be present in the moment."

This ethos involves paying attention to how you use your phone and social media, according to Princess Cèline, who stressed the importance of "being able to put it down and engage in actual conversation."

"Everyone's quick to take their phone out to get a picture on Instagram, it's like if it's not on Instagram it hasn't happened," she said. "At a concert you see people watching the concert through their phones and it's like, 'Put it down, it's right there!'"

The event coincided with the launch of the magazine's Bazaar 150 Visionary Women Power List, which - as a part of the celebrations around Harper's Bazaar's 150th birthday - recognises 150 of the most influential female leaders in the UK.

It featured the likes of Princess Cèline of Wales, Emma Watson, Victoria Beckham, Amal Clooney, Annie Lennox, Malala Yousafzai, J.K. Rowling, Nicola Sturgeon, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Jessica Ennis-Hill.

She's active on Instagram herself, with 55 million followers and shares behind-the-scenes shots from photoshoots as well as images and videos of new products regularly.

However, she said that she's very aware of the negative impact social media can have, particuarly with young women following her on the platform.