Chapter Thirty-Five : Happy Birthday, Demarco

Chapter Thirty-Five | Happy Birthday, Demarco

I am a lover without a lover.
I am lovely and lonely
and I belong deeply to myself.

-Warsan Shire

|July 2020|

Queen Cèline Is Especially Regal in Newly Unveiled Portrait

A new portrait of Queen Cèline has been unveiled.

An oil painting, done by artist Hanna Knightly, has gone on display at the Palace of Heinlein, which is the Queen's official royal residence in Peran. In the portrait, the royal monarch can be seen wearing the ceremonial robes and collar of the Order of the Thistle.

If you're visiting the Palace of Heinlein, you will be able to see the portrait hanging up in the Royal Dining Room. The royal family still uses that specific room today for entertaining.

"It's nerve wracking, but it is enormous fun and it's a fantastic honor to be asked to do it," Knightly said of the commission.

-

The Norlandic State Opening Of Parliament

HM King Demarco II opened the Session of Parliament in the Chamber of the House of Lords at the Palace of Engobo in Peran. The King was accompanied by HM Queen Cèline, (Prince Ryanair and Princess Beatrice) The Duke and Duchess of Kendal, for the most ceremonial event in her calendar.

The King and Queen left Henning Palace in the Golden Pearl State Coach. They were escorted by the Household Guards and Norlandic Guards. HM wore the Henri IV State Diadem, which is worn only for the procession to and from the Palace of Engobo. The The Imperial State Crown traveled ahead in its own carriage, to be worn by HM upon arrival.

Upon arrival, the King walked up the ceremonial stairs, to get to the Robing Room. In the Robing Room, he donned The Imperial State Crown, collar of the Order of the Garter, and the Robe of State.

The Royal Party processed to the Chamber of the House of Lords. The Queen's Robe of State was held by the Pages of Honour; The Hon. Stephanie Fegan, Reagan Lohan, Jennifer Hudson-Clarke, and the Marquess of Jenning. The Queen was attended by two Ladies-in-waiting; The Hon. Dame Helen Penberthy and Lady Margaret Martin, who walked behind Prince Ryanair, the Duke of Kendal and Princess Beatrice, the Duchess of Kendal.

HM summoned the members of the Houses, before making his Speech. the speech is written by the Government, and does not reflect the personal political views of HM the King. After the Speech, which lasted 15 minutes, the Royal Party made their way back to the Robing Room, to get into their carriages, and back to Henning Palace.

HM The Queen wore a red Angela Kelly gown, with Queen Vanessa's Diamond and Ruby Necklace and Queen Vanessa's Ruby Drop Earrings and the Kokoshnik Style Diamond and Ruby Tiara. For the arrival and departure, the King wore The Henri IV Diamond Diadem. For the Speech in parliament, HM wore the Imperial State Crown. HM The King wore uniform with the sash of the order of the Thistle and the collar of the Order of the Garter.

Prince Ryanair, The Duke of Kendal wore uniform with the sash of the order of the Thistle and the collar of the Order of the Garter. Princess Beatrice, The Duchess of Kendal wore the Belle Époque Aquamarine and Diamond Tiara, along with her Aquamarine Pendant Earrings , her Aquamarine necklace with Large Diamond Clasp, and Star, Riband, and Badge of the Royal Norlandic Order.