Chapter Twenty-Seven : Sussex Christening

Chapter Twenty-Seven | Sussex Christening

At some point you won't
have to dream anymore.
Your destiny or dreams
will have manifested then

The Christening of Princess Rachel: Guests and Godparents

Published 5 June 2019

The following guests will attend Princess Rachel's christening today at the Church of St Mary Magdalene, Sandringham:

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall

Doria Ragland

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children

His Majesty King Demarco of Norland

Princess Beatrice of York

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank

Princess Rachel's godparents and their spouses.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have asked the following people to be godparents to Princess Rachel, all of whom are friends or family of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex:

Her Majesty Queen Cèline of Norland

Benita Litt

Darren Litt

Captain Mark William Galloway Dyer

Nicholas van Cutsem

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will walk from Sandringham House to church with their daughter.

Princess Rachel will wear the hand made replica of the Royal Christening Robe, made by Angela Kelly, Dressmaker to The Queen.

The Lily Font and water from the River Jordan will be used during the baptism.

Following the service, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will give a tea at Sandringham House. Guests will be served slices of christening cake, which is a tier taken from The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding cake.

-

"Hello, family!" I exclaimed walking into the drawing room.

"Oh my look at the baby bump." Eugenie squealed as everyone turned and looked at me.

"I know, I look huge." I said as I looked at a nearby mirror.

"Someone please, tell her she does not look huge." Demarco said.

"He's right, you look gigantic." Harry said holding his hands far apart to show how huge I was.

"Harry!" Meghan said hitting his arm. "You look great, Cèline." She said.

"Thank you, Meghan." I said, smiling.

"My daughter is going to be a mum and she's still very dramatic, good luck, Demarco." My father said.

"Dramatic? Me?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, you." William answered.

"Anyways, let me hold my goddaughter." I said walking over to Meghan, who was holding baby Rachel.

-

Princess Rachel was christened on the 5th of June, 2019 in a private 45 minute service attended by a mere 30 friends and family, including the Queen and Meghan's mother. The service took place in St Mary Magdalene church on the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk, the same church Princess Diana was christened in 58 years prior. Rachel wore a replica of the christening gown worn by Queen Victoria's children. This is the first time the Sussex were photographed as a family of three, and the first public appearance Princess Rachel has made since she was born in March.