Chapter Twenty-Four : Exhibition of Royal Wedding Gowns

Chapter Twenty-Four | Exhibition of Royal Wedding Gowns

"Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true, and I've seen him so many times."

Celine walked into the exhibition which was also the grand opening in the hall of state at the Royal Palace with Demarco, Beatrice and Julissa by her side. She was super excited to see her wedding dress again before it would be sent to Windsor Castle.

"Okay, I'm sorry, Cèline, you're someone's favorite." Demarco said as he followed her.

"I told you I would make you pay but you cannot leave because you've already have been spotted here so you might as well just stay." I said, smirking.

"I never knew my wife was so evil." He said.

"Well now you know, hubby." I said.

"You know you're my favorite, right." He said.

"You still have to look at these dresses with us, Demarco." I said.

"Fine." He said.

"Oh my Goodness, that's our mother dress when she got married at Geningholm Palace's chapel." Julissa said as she pointed to the dress.

Demarco, Beatrice and I looked over at the dress. It was very beautiful, it was elegant.

"It's beautiful." Beatrice said.

"Yes, it is." I said.

"Oh look, here is Queen Mother Sophia's beautiful and very classy gown." Julissa said as we moved on to the next dress.

"They married in 1938, correct?" I asked.

"1937." Demarco answered.

"There is a pair of lovely shoes." Julissa said.

"Are those butterflies?" Beatrice asked.

"Oh wow, I have not seen them before." Demarco said as he pointed out the butterfly symbol under the shoes.

"It's a butterfly. It's very sweet really. She loved butterflies so King Daniel had them custom made for her." Julissa said.

"I guess majoring in History is working for you, Julissa." Demarco said.

"Yes, it is. Here is Princess Brittaby's dress, a little more romantic. It was created by Harper Sebring." Julissa said, before moving on to the next dress.

"This is Princess Helene's dress. It is very different." She said.

"Is the bottom of the dress silver?" I asked.

"Yes, clean and elegant, but very beautiful and with a fantastic luster. Like I said very different. The silk fabric is of high quality and it was made by a French designer." Julissa replied.

We walked over to another wedding gown.

"We now go to 1975, Princess Klarene. Her dress was made by Dior. It honored her mother who past four months before the wedding." She said.

"It's very beautiful." Demarco said.

"Weddings are so special. It's always a great day. You will remember every detail. At least I do. I will also remember the time when I came to the church. When I went in the only thing I could think of is what the archbishop would ask me, so I was silently repeating your full name so I would not mess up." I said.

"That's so cute." Julissa said.

"There was a lot of love in the Cathedral from all the guests and the royal families that were represented." Demarco said.

"Oh, when we came out there were so many people, I knew at that moment, I got married not only to you, but to all the Norlandic people. I felt so welcome. It was very special, a great day out." I said.

"You guys are definitely the image of love." Beatrice said.

"Maybe you and Ryanair, will be the next image of love." I said, winking at her.

"Let's not get your hopes, Cèline." Beatrice said.

We continued to walk around the exhibition, greeting and talking to many people.

"Your Majesty, it's time for you to make your speech." Lillian, my advisor said.

"Okay, thank you, Lillian." I said.

"Good luck, darling." Demarco said.

"Thanks." I said.

I walked over to where my wedding gown was displayed and was handed a microphone. Everyone walked over to me and made a circle around my display. I smiled at everyone and brought the microphone to my lips.

"A warm welcome to the exhibition of Royal Wedding gowns for over 80 years. An exhibition in the sign of love. These creations are a part of the Norlandic Royal history. For me, they symbolize the important milestones in our family's history. When I see myself in the hall there are many fond memories that are brought. From our ancestors' wedding and from our own last month." I said on the microphone as I stood infront of the large crowd that had came for the exhibition.

Everyone clapped and continued on to other parts of the exhibition.

"You did very well, wifey." Demarco said.

"Thank you, hubby." I said.

-

The Queen opens the exhibition Royal Wedding Dresses

On Monday March 17, The Queen opened the exhibition Royal Wedding Dresses 1937-2019 in the Hall of State at the Royal Palace of Peran. His Majesty King Demarco, Princess Beatrice of York and Princess Julissa also attended the opening of the exhibition. The exhibition features wedding dresses worn by ten royal brides over the course of four decades.

This year marks 82 years since Miss Sophia Jenison and King Demarco I were married at Peran Cathedral and the bride became Queen of Norland. The exhibition Royal Wedding Dresses 1937-2019 is being staged to commemorate this anniversary.

During the opening ceremony, The Queen gave a speech in which she said:

"A warm welcome to the exhibition of Royal Wedding gowns for over 80 years. An exhibition in the sign of love. These creations are a part of the Norlandic Royal history. For me, they symbolize the important milestones in our family's history. When I see myself in the hall there are many fond memories that are brought. From our ancestors' wedding and from our own last month."

The focus of the exhibition is on the royal brides and the dresses they wore on their wedding days.

The exhibition will be on display in the Hall of State at the Royal Palace of Peran from 17 March 2019 until 12 June 2019.