Daniel & Celine

We all do things we desperately wish we could undo. Those regrets just become part of who we are, along with everything else. To spend time trying to change that, well, it's like chasing clouds.

—Libba Bray

Daniel & Celine

"Daniel, I think it's time we start planning the wedding and telling our families about our engagement." Cèline said as she embraced him and with a kiss pn the cheek.

Daniel stopped the car near their favorite park.

"I want to talk to you, Cèline." Daniel told her, keeping his eyes glued towards the pond, after they took a position on a bench.

"What's wrong?" she asked, feeling confused. He was looking so defeated, she didn't understand the exact reason.

Daniel took a deep breathe. He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to break Cèline's heart. He felt like, his mind was going back and forth between his feelings for Cèline and Miranda and the anger he was feeling towards his mother. But then, Miranda's face appear in his mind, and he knew, which part had won.

"Cèline, I can't... I can't marry you." he said in a defeated voice.

"What?" Cèline asked shocked.

"I am sorry." Daniel had said, while she had been dying to hear "I love you, but I'm not in love with you." He said.

"Is it someone else?" She asked.

"No, Cèline, I'm just not ready and it's not fair to drag you along." He answered.

"Daniel..." She said.

"Goodbye, Cèline." He said.

"Daniel!" Cèline yelled as he got into his car and drove off. Leaving her there alone.

-

"Did you do it?" Miranda asked as soon as walked into the house.

"Yes." Daniel said with a sigh.

"Don't be upset, Danny, you're doing the right thing for us. Celine will understand." Miranda said as she wrapped her arms around Daniel's waist.

"I'm sure she will." He said, removing Miranda's arms from around his waist.

"Daniel, you cannot be upset about breaking up with Celine?" Miranda asked.

"I'm not I'm just tired." Daniel answered.

"Oh okay, why don't you go rest while I prepare supper for us." Miranda said.

Miranda watched as Daniel walked upstairs and quickly pulled out her phone and dialed a phone number and put the phone to her ear.

"Announce the engagement." Miranda said.

-

"Oh, Cèline, I'm so sorry." Ellie said as she laid next to me in my bed.

"Ellie, what are you talking about?" I asked as I continued to eat my melted ice cream.

"Lady Miranda Andrews and Duke Daniel Of Rosspoin have announced their engagement in The Times after an 18-month romance. The announcement read: 'Duke of Rosspoin and Lady Miranda Andrews are engaged to be married this fall." Ellie said as she read the article off of her phone.

"18 months?" I asked.

"Cèline..." Ellie said.