two ♡

"Jason's dead?" I quietly ask. First Fred got shot and now this? Today has just been full of bad surprises. "Cheryl, I am so so sorry. What happened?"

"My dad. He, uh," She trails off, clearly still devastated by the death of her twin brother. "He shot him."

The gasp escapes my lips before I can stop it. My eyes well up as I embrace Cheryl in another hug. "I am so so sorry. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you."

Cheryl let's me hug her, lightly hugging back as she relaxes slightly. "It's okay Olivia, you didn't know."

Cheryl and I stay like that for another minute or so before letting each other go. I look in the mirror, thanking god that I had decided to wear waterproof mascara today.

Turning my attention back to Cheryl, I give her a sad smile, "If you ever need anything, I'm here for you Cherry."

She thanks me quietly, before excusing herself to freshen up, telling me she'll talk to me later.

I head back into the diner, surprised to see that the diner had filled up even more. Wow, this retro night thing really worked. My heels tap against the floor lightly as I make my way over to Betty, who's currently chatting to a raven haired girl.

"Hey B." I greet, pasting a fake smile on my face and sitting in the stool next to her.

"Olivia, this is Veronica. Veronica this Olivia." She introduces.

"So you're Olivia? It's great to finally meet you. Betty speaks very highly of you." She smiles.

"It's great to meet you to. And I'd hope so, or I'd have other kick her ass." I joke.

"Veronica, your order's ready." Pop informs her. Sliding a tray full of milkshakes and two plates of fries carefully across the counter.

Veronica takes the milkshakes and I notice that she's about to grab the fries too. That's bound to end in disaster.

"Here, I've got these." I assure her, picking the plates up.

I follow Veronica over to the booth she's servings, as she starts placing milkshakes on the table. "Alright, two strawberries, one vanilla, and one chocolate with extra malt."

She turns around with the tray, moving aside as I place the two plates fries on the table in front of them. "Enjoy." I smile, following Veronica back over to where Betty is standing as Cheryl walks over accompanied by two girls. I instantly recognise the one in the middle as Josie McCoy, the mayors daughter.

She clears her throat, getting Betty's attention. "Why the hell did you broadcast all over social media that the pussycats would be doing a free concert here tonight?"

Betty smiles sheepishly, "I knew that if I asked you would have said-"

"No!" Josie cuts her off. "If my mom hears that I set foot in this place-"

"Josie, you care about this place, I know you do. I see you in here all the time." This time, it's Betty turn cutting Josie off.

"Betty, even if I wanted to help, I'm down a cat." Josie explains to Betty, and out of the corner of my eye, I see that this has caught Cheryl's attention. "Valerie has a norovirus."

"I don't mind stepping in." Cheryl says, and I see right through her failed attempt to hide her eagerness. "After all, if you can be a river vixen, Josie, I can be a pussycat."

Josie turns to look at Cheryl, prompting Cheryl to continue. "As long as it's a cover I'm sure I'll know the lyrics."

"I mean, you do love your cheese fries Josie." The girl next to her speaks up for the first time since arriving.