seventy nine ♡

Betty seems to spend all of her time with Jughead over the next couple of days, so I'm left with either Chic, or at the Whyte Wyrm with Toni, Sweet Pea, and Fangs. It's currently Friday night, so I'm at the Wyrm, of course. Chic and Alice are both at work. And because Friday nights are the busiest at the Wyrm, Hogeye has roped Toni into helping. Even though she's not even supposed to be working. And Fangs is on the phone to his cousin outside.

So, it's currently just Sweet Pea and I at the pool table. Which means, he has no one else to play with.

"Come on. Just one game." He begs, using his pool stick to poke me.

"No." I stand my ground, fighting the urge to giggle as he pouts.

"Just one game. Whoever loses has to do whatever the winner wants."

I almost give in, but then remember I know nothing about pool. "I don't know how to play." I admit.

"I'll teach you." He offers. "It's not hard."

"Wouldn't it just be easier do you to wait until Fangs gets back?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He shrugs. "Maybe. But we can't have you walking around not knowing how to play pool, can we? What if you get kidnapped and the only way they'll let you go is if you can beat them in a game of pool?"

"Then you get fifty dollars." I remind him. "But, okay. Teach me. Pass me the stick thingy."

He grins, passing me the stick. "First of all, it's called a cue."

"What's the difference?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I hold the stick. "It's literally a stick."

"You really do know nothing about pool." He shakes his head in amusement, walking around me so that he's stood behind me. He takes hold of my hands, placing them in what I'm assuming is the correct positions on the 'cue'. "Why are your hands always so cold?" He asks and I shrug. "Loosen your grip a little." He instructs.

I do as he says, relaxing a little as he moves even closer to me, his torso brushing against my back. "Now what?" I ask, my voice a lot quieter than I intend for it to be. I blame him for standing so close and stealing all of my oxygen.

"Now..." He breathes out, leaning forward, making me lean forward too. His wraps his hands back around mine, this time, helping me position the cue. "Relax your hands." He reminds me, his breath tickling my neck. I breathe out, doing so. He presses the hand that's at the front of the cue, down on to table. He pulls my other arm back slightly. "Now... shoot."

I do as he says, hitting the solid white ball in front of me. I watch in anticipation as it hits into the triangle of balls. None of them fall into a hole, instead they just spread out across the table. "Did I do it? Did I win?"

He laughs, stepping backwards as I stand up. "Not yet."

Unsurprisingly, I don't win. A large, smug grin tugs at Sweet Pea's lips as he cheers. "I win."

I let out a huff, crossing my arms across my chest. "Yeah, I know."

"Which means that you have to do whatever I want." He reminds me, his grin growing even wider.

Who would have thought he'd have such a nice smile?

Snap out of it, Olivia. "Fine. But nothing illegal."

"Don't worry. I'm not that kinky."

If I was drinking water, I would have spat it out. "Excuse me?" I cough, and I'm sure my eyes are as big as Russia, right now.

He bursts out laughing at my reaction. "Relax. That was a joke. We're just going to Pop's. Your treat. I hope you're hungry."

I am.