thirty seven ♡

"I'm so bored." I groan from my spot on Veronica's floor. "Can I at least go and see Cheryl before we go?"

"Well, we're going to be waiting for hours yet so go ahead." Betty replies. "Just make sure you're back by midnight."

"Great!" I chirp, jumping up off the floor, grabbing my bag.

"I'll have Andre drop you off." Veronica offers, and before I can politely decline her offer, she's dialling a number.

Well, so much for getting more exercise in.

Maybe I should tell Cheryl about my mother, just to get it off my chest? I can trust her, so it's not like I have to worry about her telling anyone.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Veronica, who tells me to head down to the lobby to meet Andre.

I do as she says, heading down and meeting the driver, who drives me to Thistlehouse. Andre stays in the car as I walk up to the front door of thistle house. I raise my fist, knocking gently, in case Nana Rose is asleep. The redhead that greets me isn't quite the Blossom I was expecting, so I just smile awkwardly.

"Hi, Mrs Blossom. Is Cheryl here?" I ask.

Penelope smirks, creeping me out a little. She ushers me in, closing the door behind me as she speaks. "Ah, yes. She's just upstairs. Head right up."

I thank her, heading up to see Cheryl. I knock on the door before I enter, but there's no answer, so I just walk in.

Cheryl is laying on a couch with her back to me and I can see a sketchpad in her hands and can hear her faintly humming along to the song playing through her earphones.

I smirk, deciding to sneak up on her. I tip toe carefully as I sneak through the room. I tap her on the back when I reach her, peering over her shoulder as she jumps and turns around. I stare at the drawing in shock as Cheryl quickly snaps the book closed.

"Why does that look like Josie?" I ask my best friend. "And why is it in the exact same style as the one she recieved with the pig's heart?"

Cheryl puts the sketchbook and the pencil she was drawing with down, pulling her earphones out. She quickly stands up, a scared look on her pale face.

"Olivia, what are you doing here?" She asks. "I didn't hear you knock."

"Your mom let me in." I answer. "Why were you drawing Josie?"

"I wasn't." She attempts to deny.

I scoff, "I'm not blind, Cheryl. Are you the one leaving things in her locker?"

"Olivia, please. You don't underst--"

"What is there to understand?!" I raise my voice. I gesture to the notebook with my left hand. "Are you stalking Josie?"

"I'm not stalking her." She swears. "I'm just-"

"Oh my god." I mumble in disbelief. "Why? Why the hell would you do that to her?"

"You don't understand." Cheryl half yells, her eyes tearing up.

Seeing my best friend crying triggers my own tearducts, leaving me frustratedly wiping my eyes.

"Then explain!" I urge.

Cheryl moves closer to me. "I can't. But I didn't mean any harm."

I scoff in disbelief. "I need to go."

"Please don't tell anyone." She begs as I turn my back to her.

I ignore her, running down the stairs, ignoring Mrs Blossom and heading straight outside. Luckily, Andre is still outside, so I climb in and politely ask him to drive me back to Veronica's as a million thoughts rack my brain.