fifty three ♡

"Are you excited for Kevin's Secret Santa?" I ask Archie as we walk through the now Christmas decoration studded hallway together. It's finally the last week of school before winter break. "Who did you get?"

"I actually am." He admits, his hand holding on to strap of the backpack that's slung over his shoulder. "I got Betty. Who did you get?"

"Kevin." I reply, looking around cautiously, incase Kevin is hiding somewhere nearby. "He set a strict twenty dollar limit, and I went over budget a little, so hopefully he won't notice."

"It's Kevin, he probably will." Archie laughs. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"I'm spending it with Betty, Alice and Hal." I reply. "What about you? Any big plans?"

"No, Dad and I are celebrating together. We were gonna go see my mom but she decided to go in a singles cruise instead."

"Good for her." I comment, pushing the judgement of her choosing a singles cruise over her son to the back of my mind. "So you'll be there when I bring your present over?"

"Yeah, I will. You might have to knock louder than usual." He warns, dodging a student who nearly walks into him. "I've been practicing my music a lot lately, so I might not hear you from the garage. Actually, if I don't answer, just come around and come straight into the garage."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, maybe we can have a jam session." He suggests.

"Jam session?" I laugh at his choice of words. I shake my head at the ginger. "Sure, that would be fun. Can I try and play one of your guitars?"

"Only if you promise not to break it."

"I promise I won't break it. Well, I'll try not to anyway."

He lets out a laugh as we stop outside of Doctor Phylums classroom. "That's good enough, I guess."

"So what did you do all weekend?"

Lied in bed because of a hangover, despite the fact that I didn't even drink that much. Then spent all weekend being a mess.

"Not a lot."

*

Once everyone has gathered in the student lounge, the gift giving finally begins, and everyone is in high spirits for what feels like the first time in forever.

"Kevin, it's your turn." Josie says as she puts down her gift.

"I wonder who this might be from." He looks over at me as Reggie passes him a gift wrapped in sparkly pink wrapping paper.

"Just open it." I laugh, and he shakes his head.

"Fine!" He sigh dramatically, tearing the wrapping paper. He pulls the wrappjng paper off, revealing a rectangular box. "What is this?"

He lifts the lid off of the box, his eyes lighting up when he sees what's inside. He pulls the tickets out, a large smile on his face as he looks across to face me.

"Are you kidding?" He asks. "These have been sold out for weeks! I've tried so hard to get hold of some."

"I heard you talking about it a while ago, so I signed up for presale." I shrug. "I know it's one of your favourite musicals."

"Tickets to three nights?" He asks, flipping through the tickets.

"Yep. Also, an extra ticket for each night incase you want to bring a plus one."

"Thank you!" He gets up, coming over to me and wrapping his arms around me. "I'll let the fact that you completely ignored my price limit slide."

"I damn well hope you do." I laugh as he sits back down. "I'm guessing that means you like them?"