eleven ♡

The dreary morning matches my mood perfectly. I feel dull, and practically lifeless. As I'm sitting in bed, I recieve a text from Archie, saying he wrote an apology letter and made a video apologising for his actions, so he was allowed to go back to school. We both were. I didn't even know that was an option, but, apparently, it was.

I decide to ignore his text, not feeling like going to school, anyways. After the events of last night, I didn't feel like facing anyone, still shocked by my own actions. The events over the past couple of days have been way too dramatic for my liking. I love drama as much as the next person, but guns and violence definitely take it a step too far.

And what had shocked me the most, was that this time, I had been the one holding the gun. I had been so against Archie doing it, yet, 24 hours later, I had done the same thing.

I climb out of bed, smoothing my silk nightdress down. Everyone was out already. Betty's at school and both Alice and Hal are at work. I'm still 'grounded' but what's the harm in sneaking out for a jog?

I get changed out of my nightdress and slip on a sports bra and shorts. On my way out of the room, I slip on my white sneakers. After double checking that everyone is out, I head out the front door.

The wind whips through my hair as I jog through the town. Despite the wet surfaces and eery mood from the storm last night, it was actually pretty warm today. Soon, my jog turns into a run, which leads me to the Southside.

I decide to stop at run down corner shop to grab a bottle of water. Once I've paid, I leave the store, still panting from the run.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" A deep voice speaks from behind me.

I whip around to see the tall serpent that had shown up at Archie's last night.

"Where's your gun and little Ed Sheeran wannabe friend, huh?" He asks, stepping forward almost threateningly.

I roll my eyes, "It wasn't my gun, and none of your damn business."

"Little Northsiders like you shouldn't be on the Southside." He warns.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I retort, not about to back done.

"Sweet Pea!" Another voice calls, making the tall serpent look away.

I follow his gaze to see another Southside Serpent, who was with him the night Archie pulled a gun on them.

"What Fangs?" He snaps.

Fangs and Sweet Pea? These guys couldn't be serious.

"Get away from the Northsider and hurry the hell up!" The guy he had called Fangs replied.

"Yeah, Sweet Pea." I smirk.

"Watch your back." He warns, before walking away.

"Ooh, I'm so scared." I mock, followed with a laugh before walking the opposite direction.

After half an hour of running, I head back home, knowing that Alice would be home soon, because it's almost lunchtime.

As I walk through the door, I sigh in relief when I realise that no one's home yet.

"Where have you been?" A voice asks, making me jump.

Spoke too soon.

I turn around to where the voice came from, to see Alice standing behind me, in the doorway.

"Care to explain why you're all sweaty and in workout attire when you're supposed to be grounded?" She arches her perfectly plucked eyebrow, walking in a closing the door behind her.