twenty two ♡

My new heels tap against the floor of the hallways, as I walk confidently down the corridor. Dad put my allowance into my account this morning, so I bought some new shoes before coming to school. Of course, after watching Gossip Girl last night, I'm channeling my inner Blair.

Fake it 'til you make it, right?

"Via! Finally! I've been waiting for you for ages! Where the hell have you been?" Cheryl demands as I approach her at her locker.

I just lift my foot up, showing off my new shoes, "Shopping."

"And here I was thinking you had abandoned me." She sighs dramatically, before looking at me with a straight face. "I just remembered something."

"What?" I ask her, confused by her sudden change in behaviour.

"I heard some of the guys from the football team this morning." She begins, pursing her lips. "Apparently Reggie made a bet with them."

My head tilts slightly as I stare at her, unsure of what she's getting at. "A bet about what?"

Cheryl gives me a sympathetic look, "To see how quick he could get you into bed."

My heart feels as if it has dropped to my stomach as my lips part in shock. Wow. I knew he was a fuckboy, but this?

"Are you okay?" Cheryl asks when I don't say anything.

I find myself play with the sleeves of top as I force an exaggerated smile, "Of course. Just a bit shocked." I shrug. "Honestly, I didn't even want to go on the date anyway."

Cheryl smiles, "Good, because he is so not worth your time. Now, come on, channel your inner Regina George. How would she get back at him?"

"I don't want to get back at him." I shrug. "I just want to move on and forget it even happened."

Cheryl gives me a weary look.

"Honestly. It's not worth the hassle." I assure her.

"Damn. I was in the mood for vengeance." Cheryl sighs, turning around and closing her locker. "You know there's nothing I do better than revenge."

"Yes. I'm aware." I reply, remembering the time that she tried to get revenge on me for stealing her boyfriend in elementary. It wasn't even me.

"So, are you coming to River Vixen practice today?" She asks as we walk through the bustling corridor. "We rescheduled it for fourth period, because four of you have community service."

"Yes, I'll be at River Vixen practice." I roll my eyes.

I've barely had the chance to workout this week, and I definitely can't afford not to.

"I asked mother dearest about the Sugarman." She says in a more hushed tone. "She pretty much just denied everything. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help."

Great. There goes our only lead.

"It's fine." I assure her, pursing my lips. "We'll just have to find some other way of finding out who he is, I guess."

*

At lunch, I sit with Betty and Veronica in an isolated corner, out of hearing distance. We're currently brainstorming ideas on which direction to take the whole Sugarman thing in.

"I still say we go undercover and snoop." Veronica says.

I stare at Veronica with a deadpan look, "As fun as the idea sounds, we're not in a movie, so I highly doubt that would work."

"Then, I'm out of suggestions." Veronica gives up.

"What if we ask Reggie for his dealers number?" Betty speaks up after a moment of silence.