seventy five ♡

"Hey, Olivia." A blonde head of hair pokes into my room. "She said no more excuses. You haven't left your room since you came home late last night."

As subtly as I can, I reach up to wipe my damp eyes. "Yeah, okay. I'll be down now." I sniffle.

"Have you been crying?" Betty steps further into my room. "What's wrong?"

"Ntohing's wrong." I force a smile onto my tear-stained face. "I just finished watching Titanic. That's all."

"But your tv isn't even on." Betty points out, glancing at the flat screen tv on the wall in front of me.

"I just turned it off." I lie. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I need to make myself presentable. Tell Alice I'll be down in a second."

"Okay, well hurry up. No one likes cold mashed potatoes." She leaves, closing the door behind her.

When I hear her footsteps going down the stairs, I push my duvet off of me. I cringe at how loud all the chocolate wrappers are, glancing at Grace, who's still asleep, curled up into a ball in her own bed. I gather all of the wrappers into my hands, throwing them into the trash can.

I quickly pull a pair of leggings and an oversized sweater onto my bloated body before making my way downstairs, the smell of dinner making me feel sick. But what am I supposed to say? Sorry, Alice. I can't eat the dinner that you cooked for me because I've been upstairs binging all day.

I'm sure that would go down well.

"Look who finally decided to come down and see us." Alice gives me a half-smile as I sit down at the table.

I look away from the full plate in front of me, and at the chair that's usually occupied, but for some reason isn't tonight. "Where's Hal? Is he still at work?"

"Let's just not talk about Hal. He's at work." Alice suggests, cutting up a piece of food on her plate. "Come on. You don't want your dinner to get cold."

The dinner in front of me makes me feel even more nauseous than I already felt. Why did I have to eat so much today? "Actually, I'm not hungry." I stand up, pushing my chair back under the table. "I'm going out for a while. Don't wait up."

"Olivia, don't be silly-"

"You should let her go." I hear Chic say as I pull on the sneakers that I left by the door last night.

I quickly grab my gym card out of my coat pocket, before slipping out the door. My feet carry me down the not-so busy streets of Riverdale and to the twenty-four hour gym.

"Second night in a row." The lady at the front desk notes as I show her my membership card. "Don't overwork yourself."

"I won't." I awkwardly smile at the receptionist before making my way to the treadmills.

I stay on the same treadmill for the next two hours until my legs feel like jelly. I look around the almost empty gym as I rest against the now still treadmill. I thought there'd be more people in here. Then again, it is nine pm now. A girl lifting weights at the other side of the room looks a lot like my so-called mother, bringing back memories of last night. The scar on her arm, the thoughts of Jughead and Toni leaving her to die in a ditch.

I wipe at the sweat on my forehead with a gym towel, making my way back out of the building once I can finally breathe. I thank the woman at the desk, before leaving. My feet carry me down the street to the same abandoned warehouse that I had visited over Christmas. I just hope she's still hiding out here. I raise my fist, knocking on the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asks when she answers.

"I'm here to talk." I shove past the woman that I have grown to despise over the past few years. I look around the abandoned warehouse-type building as I hear her close the door behind me.