eighty ♡

Almost a week later, and everything is still exactly the same. Reggie and Sweet Pea are glaring daggers at eachother in the student lounge, and Toni and I are rolling our eyes at their childish behaviour.

"I'd hate to be on the basketball team with them." Toni says.

I nod in agreement, giving Fangs a look of pity. "It must be a nightmare."

"It is." He rolls his eyes. "Practice this week has been awful. Coach has had enough. He said if this feud effects the game today, they're off the team."

"And they still haven't stopped?" Toni asks.

He shakes his head, and Sweet Pea glares at us. "I don't see any of you being best friends with him."

"Well, Fangalangs." I lean my head on Fangs' shoulder. "Guess I'll only be cheering you on from now on."

"No one's getting kicked off the team." Sweet Pea says. "But I won't object if Mantle gets kicked."

"Physically or off the team?"

"Both."

I shrug. "Can't say I'd mind either."

"Stop encouraging him." Toni scowls at me.

"Okay!" I huff, turning to Sweet Pea. "Be a good boy and apologise."

"Better." Toni says, and I cross my arms across my chest like a child.

"There's no way in hell I'm apologising to that asshole." He says stubbornly, and Fangs and Toni look at eachother, then back at Sweet Pea.

"Look, you don't have to apologise, you could just be civil." Toni tries to reason with him, but he doesn't budge.

"Olivia will kiss you if you do it." Fangs says.

I move my head from his shoulder, shooting him a glare . "First of all, no. Second of all, Sweet Pea wouldn't want that anyway. You guys are the worst at bribing." I throw my water bottle at him.

"He hasn't been laid in forever, he'll take what he can get." Toni laughs.

Fangs brings his hand to his mouth. "Virgin." He says through a fake cough.

"What's wrong with being a virgin?" I raise an eyebrow at Fangs.

"Sorry, Olivia."

"Anyway, Sweet Pea, why can't you just, I don't know, be a grown up and apologise?" I turn my attention back to Sweet Pea who shrugs.

"Only if drinks are on you tomorrow after the game."

"At this point, I'm gonna go bankrupt." I laugh, but nod anyway. "But only if you win."

*

Between periods I spot Reggie stood by his locker alone, and make my way over to him. "Hey Reg." I greet with a small smile. A sudden wave of dizziness comes over, making me stumble slightly.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I steady myself against his locker.

I nod once the dizziness passes. "Yeah, sorry. Just a little dizzy."

"Do you want me to take you to the school nurse?" Reggie asks.

I quickly shake my head. "No, no. I'm fine. Anyway, the reason I wanted to speak to you-"

"You want me to be nice to the Serpents." He cuts me off, leaning against the locker with his arms crossed. "Don't worry. I'm not gonna risk getting kicked off the team over him."

"Good." I nod awkwardly before turning to leave.

"Wait." He stops me. I turn around, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Let me walk you to class."