forty four ♡

After a day of nonstop studying, I head to the library for my study period, instead of my usual spot in the student lounge. As I scroll through pages and pages of information for my history report, I can feel someone looking at me. It feels as if someone's eyes are burning holes into the side of my head. I glance to my right, seeing a girl a couple of seats down staring. The girl, who I recognise as the bitchy girl from cheer, whispers something to her friend, her eyes not once leaving me, making me turn around.

"Do you have a problem?" I ask the girl with a glare.

"Actually, yes. I was just talking to my friend here about how you're probably faking that broken ankle. You're just looking for attention right?" She says, a smug smirk on her chapped lips. 

"Wow." I laugh her off. "Sweetie, it really is not that serious."

"I couldn't help but notice that you've been wearing baggy clothes lately." She continues, completely ignoring what I just said, looking me up and down. "What? Trying to hide all of that fat?"

My stomach turns as I try to brush off her comment. This time, she's actually right. I've just been hoping that other people didn't think so too. I take a deep breath, calming myself down, before speaking again.

"Listen, babygirl, I get that you're jealous, because I'm co-captain of the Vixens, I have great friends, money, and everyone loves me, but come on. Not everyone can be as perfect as me." I reply in a sickly sweet tone. "So, build a bridge and get under it, you troll."

"I'm not jealous of you, slut. I mean, how long did it take Reggie Mantle to get sick of you? Two days?"

"Actually, babe, I was the one who kicked Reggie to the curb. Meanwhile, he won't even glance at you. It's sad, really." I reply, standing up, using my crutches to steady me. "You can say goodbye to any chance you think you have with Reggie, because clearly, you're obsessed with him. And, you can say goodbye to the River Vixens. You're both off the squad."

"You bitch!" The girl growls, and before I even know what's happening, she's slapping me so hard that I can feel my cheek burning the second her palm touches my face.

I bite my lip, the anger building and building with each millisecond that passes until I snap, lifting one of my crutches, and using it to hit her across the head, so hard that she falls back and her best friend has to catch her.

"Bring it on, horse face." I growl, more than ready to knock her off of her cheap sneaker wearing feet.

She stands up, pushing her friend back, lunging forward at me, her fist connecting with my cheek. I hear footsteps going past, probably her friend leaving, but right now, I can't care less.

I grab her dry, hay-textured hair as she punches me again, this time catching my lip, pulling her far enough away from me that I can headbutt her straight in the nose. Twice. The second time, I hear a crack. She pulls away, clutching at her bleeding nose, and I pick my clutches up, a smile of accomplishment on my probably soon to be bruised and swollen lips.

I turn around, the smile instantly wiped off my face when I see her friend stood there with Principal Weatherbee and the librarian. I quickly turn on the waterworks, my lip faux quivering as I start sobbing.

"Mr Weatherbee!" I cry. "I was just sitting here, doing research on a class project and-"

"My office." The principal cuts me off. "All three of you. Now."

I roll my eyes once I pass him, pouting as the three of us and Weatherbee walk through the school. I avoid eye contact with everyone as we walk past them in the hall, hearing people whisper.