fifty eight ♡

"Okay, okay! Are the cupcakes almost here?" I ask Veronica as I go through my checklist in a panic. "What about the decor? I'm seeing absolutely no decor. I need wine, and champagne, and gold confetti and I'm seeing none of these things."

"You need to calm down, Olivia. Take a deep breath and just... breathe."  Veronica replies, placing her hand on my sweater-covered shoulder. "Magnolia cupcakes are on their way from New York as we speak, they should be here any moment. As for the decor, Kevin's bringing it over in his dad's truck, remember? And the alcohol is in the kitchen, being placed in ice by Betty and Josie."

"Okay, thank you. Im sorry, I'm just stressed. I really want this to go well. I don't even know what I'm going to wear yet. Then there's the Bulldogs and the Serpents, we all know that could go south real quick. Not to mention the fact that I don't even know how many people are coming. What if no one show-"

"Party planning clearly isn't a good career choice for you." Archie says from behind me.

"Yeah, well-" I cut myself off not even knowing how to reply. "Ugh!"

"Archiekins, do you mind driving us back to Olivia's so I can help her find something to wear?" Veronica bats her eyelashes at her redhead boyfriend.

"You two are back together?" I tilt my head. "Why does no one tell me anything?"

"Uh, yeah. It happened on Christmas day." Archie answers, slinging his arm around Veronica.

"Well, as happy as I am for you guys, an update would be nice."

"Next time, you'll be informed, I promise." Veronica assures me, grabbing my arm. "Now, let's find you something to wear before you have a breakdown."

"I have to help-"

"Everything here is covered. Kevin's on his way, Archie will be coming straight back, Josie and Betty are going to wait for the cupcake delivery." Veronica practically pulls me out of the building, Archie following behind us. "You're the host, so your outfit is important."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I ordered ten dresses." I roll my eyes.

"Damn, you're snappy when you're stressed. Remind to avoid you when you're getting married."

"I can assure you, that will not be happening anytime soon, so you don't have to worry about that."

*

"This one?" I ask, holding up the baby pink mini dress.

"Too Barbie-like." Veronica shakes her head as she looks through my collection of shoes.

"And that's bad because...?"

"Because we're looking for something with a wow factor."

"I think this one has a wow factor but okay." I mumble under my breath, hanging it back up. I skim through the dresses, picking out my newest one. "Okay what about this one?"

She stares at the floor length golden dress with a slit that goes up to my hip. "That's the one."

"What if I flash someone?"

"Then they'll be the luckiest person in Riverdale." She laughs.

I try to glare at her, but instead burst out laughing. "I mean you're not wrong."

"Oh, Via. I never am. Now, hurry, go try the dress on."

I do as she says, locking myself in my bathroom so I can try the dress on. I look at myself in the full length mirror, tilting my head, turning to the side. My hands wrap themselves around my arms, and I roll my eyes when I see that my fingertips still don't touch.