twelve ♡

As Alice and I go our separate ways, her heading back to work, and me heading back to the house, I practically sigh in relief. Fortunately, Betty hadn't told her that I had forged the cipher, or that I even knew.

Pretty much as soon as I reach the house, so does Cheryl, in her red impala. With a quick greeting, I hug Cheryl after she climbs out of her candy red car. We head into the house together, bumping into a certain red head that lives next door.

"Hey Arch, what are you doing here?" I question, confused.

"Just, uh," He stutters. "Speaking to Betty."

"Okay." I trail off, not questioning his strange behaviour. "Well, see ya, I guess."

"Yeah, see you." He replies, heading out of the front door.

"Anyways," I chirp, turning back to Cheryl. "Legally Blonde, then movie of your choice?"

"Of course." She replies in a 'duh' tone.

Once we get upstairs, I grab Legally Blonde from my dvd collection and switch on my laptop. As I'm typing my password in, Cheryl speaks up.

"So, why weren't you in school today?" Cheryl asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't feel like it." I reply honestly.

"Well, you're coming to school tomorrow." She replies, sticking her pinky finger out. "Promise?"

I intertwine my pinky with hers, "Promise. In fact, I swear on my Vogue collection."

"Good. Now, if you break your promise, I get them all." She laughs.

"Okay." I reply, shoving her playfully, before putting the movie on.

"I don't understand how you can watch this so many times without getting bored of it." Cheryl rolls her eyes.

"Because it's iconic." I reply, hushing her.

We sit through the movie in utter silence, apart from me mouthing along to my favourite parts. As the ending credits start rolling, I sigh dramatically. "I love Elle Woods."

"I never would have guessed." Cheryl says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. What do you want to watch?"

"The Breakfast Club?" Cheryl suggests.

I reply with an eager nod, climbing out of bed to go and get the disk.

"So, what happened?" Cheryl asks out of nowhere, as I jump back onto the bed.

"What?" I ask, looking at her, perplexed.

"At boarding school?" She gives me a pointed look. "Come on, why else would you be back here?"

"Nothing happened." I lie, forcing a laugh. "I just missed Riverdale."

Thankfully, she lets the subject go and doesn't bring it for the rest of the night. We watch a few more movies before she leaves. I close the door behind her and head back upstairs, climbing into my warm, comfortable bed.

The annoying sound of my alarm ringing through the room wakes me up the next morning, making me drag myself out of bed. Usually I'm a morning person, but this morning, I'm ridiculously tired. I quickly get in the shower, washing my hair and shaving before getting out. Once I've dried my hair, I style it into a tight french braid and secure it with a baby pink scrunchie. I decide upon wearing a pink skirt, matching pink chocker and white lace top.

"Good morning." Alice greets chirpily as I join her in the kitchen.

"Good morning. I got a text from Archie," I smile widely, leaving out the part about how I had actually received the text yesterday and not today. "He wrote a letter to Weatherbee, apologising or something and we're allowed to go back to school today. I don't understand why though."