fourteen ♡

Some random song is playing throughout the room as I sit next to Cheryl. Nick is rambling on about some story about Gal Gadot, that, honestly, I'm not the slightest bit interested in.

I finish off my drink as Nick continues his story, saying, "Then we walk into the Gilded Lily, and there's Gal again."

Veronica let's out a short laugh as Archie sits there next to her with his arm around her, confused.

"Gal?" Archie questions.

"Gadot. Keep up, Archie." Cheryl answers with a roll of her eyes.

I stifle a laugh and out of the corner of my eye, I see Kevin and Betty trying not to laugh.

"Archiekins, a refill, s'il vous plait?" Veronica asks Archie, handing him her empty glass.

Nick places the bottle that was in his hands down on the table as he joins Cheryl and I on the couch.

"Oh, forget the teetotaling. Let's move to something with a little more kick." Nick smirks as he opens his blazer up, revealing a bunch of colourful looking straws tucked into the pocket of his jacket.

"Is that--" Cheryl asks, before being interrupted.

"Jingle Jangle?" Nick finishes for her. "Why, yes, it is."

I smirk, sharing a look with Cheryl, "Finally, things are getting interesting."

"I hooked him up." Reggie takes credit with a smirk.

"Tasters? Who's up first?" Nick asks, looking around the room expectantly.

"Dude, we told you we're not doing-" Archie protests.

"Archie, don't take this the wrong way but you are an epic buzzkill." Nick interrupts with a laugh.

"True that." I whisper to Cheryl who fights back a laugh.

Nick looks over at Veronica, "Come on, V, like back in the day?" Veronica just chuckles, shaking her head. "Aren't you supposed to be showing me a good time, per Daddy's order's?"

Everyone watches on silently as Veronica says, "Down, Nicky. I'm just getting going. And, now that you mention it, I, in fact, wouldn't mind a little sugar to spice up this party."

Betty and Archie stare at Veronica with a disbelieving look as she takes one of the colourful little straws out of Nick's hand.

"What?" Veronica asks in a playful tone. "Every other night it's burgers and milkshakes. Can't we just cut loose and pretend we're normal for once?"

It doesn't take a lot to convince Cheryl and I as we both reach over and take a straw each off of the table in front of us. "I'm in." We both say in unison.

"Me, too." Reggie speaks up from next to Archie.

"Kevin?" Cheryl asks, looking over at him.

Kevin smiles, knocking his glass against hers.

Nick looks over at the three singers, who are all clad in red, "Pussycats, care to partake?"

They all nod in response, and I pop the top of my straw opening, pouring half of the contents into my mouth and swallowing.

"Betty?" Veronica asks, looking over at my cousin who didn't seem too keen on the idea.

"No, thanks." Betty declines.

"Come on, it'll be fun." Veronica says cheerfully in attempt to persuade the blonde.

"I said no, V." Betty says sternly.