Chapter Ten - Kalamani Preparations

Kim Taehyung

I skip happily into the greenhouse, automatically looking for Jimin, until Jungkook's earlier warning reestablishes itself in my head. Jimin was abnormally snappy and sensitive. (And that's saying a lot for Jimin these days.) I've been at Phalaway for a matter of months, and even I have seen the degradation of Jimin's happy go lucky character. Yes, he's always kept some things hidden, but he lashes out constantly now and that he never used to do. At least, not to anyone but Yoongi.

"Taehyung! Are you going to the Kalamani Festival tomorrow?" Jung Hoseok, as he was no longer known as Mr Grand (most people didn't get the joke), runs up to me, beaming.

"I don't know.. I'm thinking about it, but I don't really know any Kalamani so it seems a little odd.." I shrug.

"My husband is a Kalama." Hoseok shrugs and ruffles my hair. "I'd like to see you there, Tae. It's nice to have a familiar face, especially at Kalamani festivals!" He chuckles and darts out of the greenhouse before the lesson starts.

I sigh and take a seat near, but not directly next to, Jimin.

"Tae, are we gonna go?" Jimin mumbles quietly as the teacher begins to talk of flowers and our affinity with them.

"To the festival?" I raise my eyebrows, slightly taken aback that Jimin wants my opinion.

"Yeah, I'm not sure.."

"How come?" I frown, confused.

"Well, we're fay.. We're not exactly known to get along with Kalamani..." He chuckles slightly.

"True.. But this is a school festival, not a temple one. They're expecting us on the premises so I guess they expect some at the actual event too.. Hobi just said he wants me there..." I ponder aloud.

"The new angel teacher?" Jimin tilts his head to the side.

"Yeah, apparently he's married to a Kalama!" I grin.

"Wow, really?? You learn something new every day, I guess.." Jimin beams back.

"You'd learn a few things more if you decided to pay attention, boys." The teacher glares disapprovingly in our direction and we giggle slightly before offering our apologies.

***

"So we're going?" Jungkook raises his eyebrows. "The two of you, fay, and me, a werewolf, are going to the Kalamani Festival? Seriously?"

"Hobi wants me there and you two are basically extensions of me, so we've been invited!" I grin.

"By an angel..." Jungkook frowns, lips pursing into a line.

"What's wrong with angels?." Laila slumps onto the sofa in-between Jimin and I, glaring defiantly at Jungkook.

"Nothing, but I'm just saying they can't really invite people to Kalamani celebrations.." The werewolf mumbles begrudgingly.

"True.. Only Kalama's have that right.. But in the assembly, that you all slept through, this morning, the priestess hosting tomorrow's celebrations said 'everyone and anyone is welcome, Kalamani, Fay and demons alike!'"

Jimin grips the edge of the sofa tightly. "She compared us to demons?."

"She compared the average Kalama's dislike of you to the average Kalama's dislike of a demon. It's different." The angel rolls her eyes and pats Jimin's head lovingly.