Act Five: A Guide to Royalty within True Clans

Have you ever heard the theory of seven people connecting the whole of the human race? Supposedly, you can be connected to every single person in the world with only seven other people as links. The connection could end up being very vague: your old classmate's third cousin twice removed had an old English teacher who went to school with a man who dog-walked the Queen's corgis but had only met the butler who had spoken to her majesty who ate lunch with the Obamas. Nevertheless, that connects you to Barack Obama.

Irrelevant? Well, only slightly. True Clan royalty work towards the same sort of concept, except that those seven people stay the same. They want to connect every True Clan and be as powerful as is physically possible. Imagine, seven people, ruling over the entirety of the world. Those seven people never change, and they eventually may shrink down to four. And then two. And then one. The ultimate hybrid, ruling over every single being in the supernatural kingdom! A slight exaggeration, but you get the gist.

True Clan royalty tends to be proud. Even the lesser of the royals must follow certain protocol and are often shunned for going against it. Especially when to do with marriage. A touchy subject for many, but it is well-known that a good marriage is one of the best political moves a True Clan can make. By connecting two large True Clans, preferably both royalty so as to keep all of that species under your fingers, you have double the army and double the following. That is not a deal that can be broken: you can't make a child become unborn. And creating an heir is a necessity in this type of political move.