Chapter Three: Acceptance and Realisation

Park Jimin

Five years ago'

I sigh heavily and Jungkook looks up from his chair. "What's up, hyung?"

"What do you think about demon's, Kook?.." I frown.

"I.. I don't know... They kind of scare me..." The fourteen-year-old shrugs. "Why?.."

"I dunno.. Just thinking..." I shrug and plant in my earphones, closing my eyes as I listen to Yoongi play, in awe of my boyfriend's capabilities. "Kookie.. Do you ever thinking you know something, something you were so sure of, and then you just suddenly realise that you were wrong all along?"

"I guess... But I'm never certain about anything. You can't be." Jungkook smiles and shrugs. "Like, I can be almost certain that I'll finish this fried chicken on my own, but I can't be completely certain that you won't steal one. You know?"

I chuckle at his innocent description.

"Is that why you always say you don't want to know if you killed someone or not?... Because not knowing is better than knowing you did?"

Jungkook clears his throat and ignores me, going back to watching tv.

"Do you think we're too young to know what love is?.." I ponder aloud.

"Jimin, you sound drunk. Why all the questions? What's going on?" Jungkook turns to me, annoyance and worry painted clearly onto his face.

I shrug, not ready to tell him about Yoongi. Not quite yet.

"Are you saying you have a crush on me." The young boy smirks playfully and I kick him.

"Yah! You're not my type." I roll my eyes.

"And what is your type, Minnie?" He smirks again, knowing how much I hate that nickname.

"Stoic... But vulnerable..."

***

I roll over and curl myself up in Yoongi's sheets, content.

"Chim Chim.." He kisses my cheek softly and I hum in response. "I.. I..."

I frown and turn to face him. "Are you okay? Are you panicking?.." He doesn't seem like it, but that's the only time he ever struggles to get his words out. "You know I love you. And nothing about you will ever change that. Whatever it is, no matter how dark your past is or what part of you I have yet to find out, we can work through it. That won't change." I stroke his cheek gently. 

Yoongi purses his lips and I know exactly what he's worried about. I feel it too. So much so, that I can't even tell him he doesn't need to be worried. Because I'm too scared that what I am will change how he feels about me. Demon's hate fay. And fair enough, we're the ones who turned them into outcasts.

"You... You feel the same, right?" I suddenly frown, beginning to feel a little scared. "Please feel the same.."

"Of course I do. I just don't think it's a particularly fair deal... I have so much more you need to cope with than I do with you..." He looks down and I smile, kissing his cheek.

"I don't think that's true. You just don't tend to realise when you fix any of mine." I smile and slide myself onto the demon's lap.

He hums happily and folds his arms around my waist. "Like what?.."

"You've brought me out of my shell, hyung. I used to be so nervous and shy, and now I'm.. not..." I shrug. "And I haven't weighed myself in months! It started getting less a few months after we began dating..."