Chapter Eighteen - Magnanimity

Kim Taehyung

I see red. I ignore the little voice in my brain telling me not to go up to her, not to make a fuss, just to keep my head down.

"Was it you?. It has to have been, you're the only one who saw us." I glare.

Her eyes widen, taken aback. "Was what me?"

"Oh come on, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Brokk being fired! You want me for yourself so you're taking it out on him." Euclea pushes me back, one hand on my shoulder and the other automatically at her sword. I laugh at that. "What am I gonna hurt her with? A sponge?"

The faerie raises an eyebrow, but I don't miss the slight smile as she lets go of me and takes a step back.

"I didn't do anything. The only person I told was Euclea. Yes, it hurt a little, but I don't have quite as little self-respect as it would take to fire him just because you're fucking." Nova rolls her eyes and looks away.

"You're lying." I spit through gritted teeth.

"She's not. I got him fired. This isn't the first time he's slacked off to get his dick wet." Another faerie drones. "But, really, Nova? This kid? Messing around with one of the servants is scandalous in itself but this one's not even from a True Clan."

"I don't know who you are but I'm pretty sure I hate you. Who the fuck are you?." I glare at the stranger standing next to Nova. Why do I care? I don't like her.

"If you talk to me like that again, I'll have you whipped." He glares at me but I glare defiantly back.

"Apparently I needed help keeping her highness in check.. This is Orin the Dickwad." Euclea grimaces.

I chuckle. "Sounds pretty accurate."

"Go scrub a toilet, you little shit." Orin spits in my face.

I wipe his saliva off my cheek with my sleeve and clench my jaw tightly. "Nova, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have presumed it was you without asking you first and I definitely shouldn't have gotten angry." She shrugs looking away, clearly still slightly upset but hopefully a little less after my apology. "Euclea. Hypothetically, how much trouble would a servant get into for putting a hex on a higher up?"

"You what?." Orin growls, grabbing the front of my shirt and pulling me slightly off the ground.

"A lot. But only if there was a witness. They can't be traced back and no individual's word is believed over another's apart from actual royalty." She smirks slightly before turning around so her back is to us.

"Nova?" I look at her hopefully.

"Oh, I won't tell anyone but I'm not missing this for the world." She grins.

"Don't even think about it, lowlife. I'll make you regret it and that is a promise." The faerie growls at me.

"You might want to find some juice. I hear it works better than milk." I smile sweetly.

"It.. What?" He frowns.

I push him off me and snap my fingers. His eyes widen and his face goes red, both hands slapping up to his mouth. He takes a step towards me but his eyes start to water and so he runs in the direction of the kitchens.

"What did you do??" Nova laughs, practically falling onto Euclea.

I shrug, smiling slightly. "It gives the sensation of biting down on three ghost peppers at once. I call it the hot sauce hex. I can't remember it's actual name..." I suddenly frown. I really need to get back to school.