Chapter Thirteen - Glanis

Min Yoongi

He's fine. He must be. He was with Jungkook and Taehyung and there's no way they'd leave him alone, those three are practically inseparable.

Unless they fight.

Jimin fights with them when he gets frustrated about me. And he just kissed me. They're gonna fight, there's no doubt about it. But if Jungkook knows, he won't leave him. No matter how pissed off he is. And Jungkook does know, Laila called him. But why do I still feel so uneasy?

The Clanless.

After demons were outcast we were stripped of our clan titles. The Clanless took this fact and became proud of it. They tried to fight back. They refused to be blamed for the coming of the war and took it upon themselves to make it right. They were the main cause of desegregation. But the remaining members have become greedy. It's not to make it right anymore, it's to get revenge. The Clanless became what fay claimed demons to be. They walk in the shadows, they have no morals, their sole purpose is to make people's lives misery. Specifically the people they blame for the prejudice in the first place. But how did they worm their way into Pharaway? Institutes have always been safe until now. Supposedly The Clanless agreed not to blame children who weren't even alive when all of the issues began. Clearly, not anymore.

He's fine. He's safe. I repeat it like a mantra, as if the more I say it, the more it's likely to become true. Jin and Laila are doing the round at Vinder, making sure every faerie is accounted for after they were all evacuated from the festival. They'll ring any second to tell me he's okay.

The atmosphere is grim. No one knows what to say. Everyone is suddenly wary of the demons they were comfortable with barely minutes before.

I keep running my eyes through the remainder of the crowd, looking out for a yellow button up and orange hair. A boy pushes past me with the unused fireworks and mutters an apology. I don't care. Every glimpse of yellow sends my heart lurching into double speed but every time it's not Jimin I get even more anxious.

My phone rings and I almost drop it in my frantic struggle to answer the damn thing.

"Jin! He's there, right? He's safe?"

"We can't find him.. Tae and Kook came back but they said he flew off a while a-"

I've already hung up.

Students aren't allowed to handle the fireworks. And in the midst of evacuation panic, who would go to pick them up?

I turn to my right and, sure enough, the boy is getting them out, lighting them one at a time. They fly into the air, directly on top of the crowd and temporarily deafen and blind everyone underneath. I open my eyes and blink hard. I can barely see but I stumble after the boy as he walks closer to the bonfire. Everyone else is running, bumping into each other. The boy grumbles to himself about warlocks and sinks into the shadows and I do the same, becoming practically invisible as I stay a few metres behind him. If I can just see how he got into the school it could potentially save another more serious incident.

He stops. He's chuckling, looking at something in front of us.

I squint ahead, trying to make it out. Something lighter than the contrasting depth of the forest outskirts we're skulking in, a round object of some sort. I blink hard and rub my eyes, making out a yellow shirt and a body curled in on itself. I hear sobbing and my gut tightens as the boy in front of me begins to raise his arm.

I don't think. I don't need to. I fall to my knees and snap my fingers, appearing directly next to Jimin.

***

Park Jimin

The sudden appearance takes me off guard and I jump. "What the hell?! Get the fuck away from me, Yoongi." I glare at him. He can't do this right now. I need to be alone.

He just stares at me, mouth slightly ajar. He doesn't move.

"I said, fuck off, Min." My jaw clenches and I ball up my fists. Yoongi blinks and blood slowly begins to ooze from his mouth, staining the yellow hoodie in seconds. It smells thick and iron-like and I can almost taste it.

I hear a scuffle from behind him and see a figure running into the forest but I pay little attention to anything but the bleeding man in front of me. Gashes erupt, evenly spread out and the blood seeps into the fabric, practically dying the hoodie red.

No. Not again.

"G-Glanis..." Yoongi stutters out before catching himself, crying out in pain.

I'm in shock. I don't know what to do. What the fuck is-.. Glanis House? Yes, I can take him to Glanis House! But can I carry us both? I don't know if I'm strong enough for that... I pull Yoongi into my arms, ignoring his growls of annoyance when it causes him more pain. His hoodie is drenched in metallic wet and I start to feel nauseous. I hold it in and cling to the damp, sticky fabric before pushing off as hard as I can.

It hurts.

I've never attempted to carry another person's weight before; I've never strained this much. Each flap of my wings begins to bring out a grunt and eventually a whimper. I cradle Yoongi close, murmuring things I can't even process. Apologies, promises, more apologies.

I see the building and push harder. Just a little further. My wing gives out and we tumble. No matter how furiously I flap my wings, only one of them moves. I will survive the fall but in this state, there's no way in hell Yoongi will. I hug him tightly and clench my bitter eyes shut. I didn't try hard enough. I should have reacted sooner. I should have trained harder in flying class.

Two hands grip my shoulders and my eyes burst open. Laila and Hoseok gently take Yoongi's limp body from my arms and swoop down to Glanis House. The hands on my shoulders move swiftly to claps my waist and I'm no longer falling. I'm dropped the last metre or so and roll on the cold, damp ground. Tae lands next to me and walks off without a word.

"Th-Thank you." I'm shivering. I don't know why. I don't feel cold.

I push myself to my feet but immediately stumble and sway. I can't get my balance with one wing out of order. I let out a cry of frustration and fall back to my knees, crawling to the building. I don't care as long as it gets me there.