Act Three: A Guide to True Clans

Every and any family which contains a magick person, or supernatural, is known as a clan. A True Clan is a family that is from pure magick descent. This means that the family have never strayed from magick people and are 'pure-bred' but that term is mostly used just for werewolves as they don't mind the vague canine connotations. A True Clan can accept a magick person that is not from another True Clan into their family and this person can have children with a member of the True Clan, and this still lets them keep their pure title. The title has nothing to do with what species of magick the line comes from, as long as every person involved in any lineage descending from the clan is magick in some way - basically, screw humans. However, individual families may have their own rules about this.

True Clans are practically royalty. Or at least are treated as such, as there tends to be only a few left for every species. However, there are actual royal families, or variations thereof, within some species, Fay and Kalamani, to name a few. These families are treated with the utmost respect as they are predominantly the families with the most powerful magick within a species.

To pick a fight with a True Clan is practically saying 'hello, I am here, please kill me' and people say you should have known better when your clan is massacred. But when two True Clans fight each other, everyone runs for cover.