Chapter Thirteen - Condemnation

Kim Namjoon

"Tell me again..." I rub my temples.

Brynn sniffs and wipes another tear from her cheek. "H-He said 'Clanless. Tell the warlock.' Which I'm guessing is you. And then he said sorry for punching Jungkook and full moon." The werewolf wraps his arms around her protectively but she just purses her lips and pushes him off. "Does he have to be here?."

"Jungkook, you should go.." I sigh, already knowing the answer.

"Hell no. I want to help." He growls and puts his hand on Brynn's shoulder which she immediately shrugs off again.

"So clearly the Clanless are to blame, that's obvious. But what the hell does the full moon thing mean?" I pull at my hair and Etney rubs my back soothingly.

"It's okay, Joonie." She kisses my shoulder.

"No, it's not. It's been over a month and we still have nothing!" I push myself to my feet and leans over my desk skimming through the notes I've attempted to create over the past few weeks.

"Brynn, we should go back soon. My mum will worry if it gets dark." Jungkook mumbles bitterly as Brynn continues to ignore him. He sighs and mutters something about getting some fresh air before slamming my bedroom door shut behind him.

"Brynn, you could go a little easier on him, he's lost a friend too." Etney puts a hand on the witch's forearm.

"Don't make it sound like he's died. He isn't dead." The girl glares at the floor.

"I know, sweetie. I'm sorry. But don't blame Jungkook. He's doing his best." She pats her cheek gently.

"I just.. I just need some time away from him... He's trying to make up for what he did but he's just making it worse! He's always there and I just want him to leave me alone. It's our fault." She sobs into her hands again.

"Because if you two hadn't messed around without telling him, he wouldn't have been walking by himself." Etney sighs and pulls her into a tight hug.

"You're sure I can't stay here?.." Brynn sniffs into my girlfriend's shoulder.

"They don't have enough room, sweetie. I'm sorry." The Kalama strokes her hair softly.

"Brynn, I have an idea." I smile and come to sit the other side of her. She sniffles but sits up, looking at me intently. "Why don't you and Jungkook try to sneak into the Park's place? Yoongi was so sure Jimin's dad would have something to do with it all. And Jungkook wouldn't let anything happen to you so..." Etney glares at me over Brynn's shoulder and I shrug. "It could help..."

"I'll do it. I'm so restless not being able to do anything to help find Tae, at least I can try to help find Jimin." She purses her lips determinedly and wipes her eyes again. "I'll go back to Jungkook's. We'll be back over if we find anything." She smiles and squeezes Etney's hand in gratitude before quickly running out of the room.

I frown after them. "Why can't I work it out? I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't seem to get it out..."

***

Brynn Celan

"Jungkook!" I yell as I run over to the alpha.

He turns and his frown immediately softens.

"Namjoon has a job for us. He wants us to go into Jimin's house and poke around a bit." I smile up at him, wiping my eyes again.

"Brynn. I want to talk to you." He sighs, jaw slightly clenched.

I gulp, dread immediately filtering through my bloodstream. Did I do something wrong? I hate the thought of upsetting him. What do you mean, though? You know exactly what you've done to make him feel like this.

"Why are you still punishing me? I got it at first, I hurt you. But it's been a month. All I can think of is that you blame yourself for Tae going missing, but Tae forgave us. He said so. He told you so. So, why still? I don't understand." He looks like a lost puppy and I want to hug him and make everything okay but I don't.

"I know. Etney just said the same thing. I'm sorry, I just.. He didn't say he forgave me..." I mumble so quietly Jungkook wouldn't be able to pick up without his supernatural hearing.

"What?.." He frowns, eyes widening in panic as I start to sob again. That just makes me feel even worse. I've been taking it out on him for a whole month and yet he's still trying to look after me however he can. He pulls me into a tight hug and just holds me closer when I try to push him away. "You think he still blames you?"

"W-Well obviously. Everyone knows you sleep around so he was angry but he wasn't surprised. I'm the one who betrayed him.. He specifically told me to steer clear from you. Anyone else, fine! Just not Jungkook..." I melt into his arms and let him kiss the top of my head.

"You're completely backwards, baby." My jaw clenches at the word but I don't comment. "You're practically his sister. He didn't have to say he forgave you because he never blamed you in the first place." He strokes my hair and I can't deny that it helps. "Trust me, as the one he punched, he only blamed me." He chuckles and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear before cupping my cheeks and running his eyes over my face, almost as though he were scanning me. "Please feel better, Brynn. You hurting hurts me." He quickly lets go of me and mumbles something about 'alpha stuff'.

"Can we go to the Park's tonight? I want to do something. I'm done with just sitting and hoping." I grit my teeth and Jungkook looks at me, blinking.

"Hold on."

I frown and then squeal as the werewolf grabs my arm and swings me onto his back before running back through the Jeon's forest at full speed.