Chapter Seven - Pack Intuition

Park Jimin

I grunt as my body attempts to tell me yet again that I am pushing way beyond my limits. The stitch in my stomach has grown its own stitch. But, as much as I know I should be slowing down, I still attempt to keep up with the unnaturally speedy figures racing ahead of me. Youngha keeps occasionally glancing back and slows slightly for me so I can at least see where they are headed. The other two werewolves, however, are no longer even in sight.

"Why the sudden rush?." I hiss as I finally come to a stop, panting as the three wolves begin to growl.

"I knew it didn't smell right anymore." Thulu kicks a log and I clear my throat.

"Would anyone care to explain?." I snap.

"It's just clothes." Dwyll growls, pointing to a dark patch beneath a tree to my right.

I frown and peer at it. "You mean..."

"The scent we've been following was for her fucking clothes, yeah. The scent was still strong because they're covered in blood. But we couldn't tell that until a short while ago." Youngha groans and rummages through them, presumably searching for some clue as to where their owner might be.

"So, when you started running, I assume. Shit! So Brynn was right..." I chuckle slightly, ever amazed at the young witch's accuracy.

"Oh, fuck!" The three werewolves voice simultaneously.

After jumping out of my skin, I look around for something to have caused such a reaction. But, before I can say anything, Thulu and Dwyll are racing off in the direction we came.

"Al- Jungkook. He's close to danger." Youngha explains.

I curse and jump into the air, flying being quicker than running as I race to catch up with them yet again.

***

Kim Taehyung

Orin's smirk lines the edges of my brain and I begin to see red. I only barely notice the other seven fay get into formation behind him. Without even listening to Jungkook's order, I run at Orin. He sends me flying backwards with a hit of his shield and slices my upper arm with his thin sword. I hear Jungkook curse but I pay no mind. The faerie flutters his wings and lands with his feet either side of my hips, sword poking into my neck.

"You're basically human now you can't fly. It's despicable. They should put you down a long time ago. I should have when I had the chance! What a wasted opportunity..." He sneers.

I blink once and then kick up at his crotch. As he stumbles back, Brynn throws me her knife and I catch it easily. Or rather, I fumble quite a bit but at least I still have all my fingers.

As Orin writhes on the floor, I glance up at Brynn who flicks hexes at three fay. They can't even get close enough reach the tips of her fingers with their swords, but I see the distance shrinking slowly. Jungkook has the other four circling around him. He lashes at them occasionally and always draws blood, but they do too and their 'claws' may not be as lethal but they definitely leave a little more than a sting.

Orin pushes himself to his feet and lunges at me. I dodge easily, the faerie clearly still recovering from my previous attack. I slash to his side but he steps backwards and it misses by miles. His sword comes barreling towards me again but I never let it touch me, bar the occasional graze of skin or clothing. Finally, Orin growls, and throws his shield at me, jabbing at my leg with the sword straight after. As if in slow motion. I accept the shield in order to dodge the sword. Winded, I lean against a tree to catch my breath. It isn't long, however, until he runs at me again. I step completely to the side and throw the knife as hard as I can. Orin spins and tries to jump out of the way, but it catches and slices a long line down his wing. My mouth drops. I didn't even mean to do that. If he hadn't moved, it would have stuck in his arm - nothing an angel can't fix in a few days. He cries out and I continue to simply gape at him. I hear Jimin's voice, feel his hands on my shoulders. Thulu jumps into wolf form and lands in front of Jungkook, giving him time to change too. Together they take on two fay at a time, back to back, as Dwyll attacks the fay getting a little too close to Brynn from behind. Youngha places a foot on Orin's shoulder as he attempts to push himself off the floor again.