Chapter Ten - Propositioned

Kim Taehyung

"No, it's okay. I may as well tell.. people..." I step forward, receiving a supportive pat on the back from Youngha as I ignore Nova. I don't think I'm ready for her reaction. "Yes, your highness. I've been bitten too."

The queen nods contemplatively but, even though my gaze is set solely on her, my attention is on the hybrid in my peripheral vision.

Nova stiffens and approaches me, her back to both of her parents. She mumbles to ensure her parents don't overhear, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know if you'd approve... And I didn't want to ruin whatever time we still had at Pharaway." I shrug slightly, looking down. Maybe I should have told her, after all.

Nova turns to the queen. "Mother." And then Kerokeis as a bit of an afterthought. "Father... No True Clan has ever been able to legally affiliate themselves with the Jeon Clan. Jungkook is the youngest Jeon Alpha and a direct descendant of the lead Alpha of the Clan, Jeon Jiseok. Taehyung is part of Jungkook's pack and his close friend. You want me to marry for power and, while I don't agree with it, I do understand. So, maybe I can't connect the fay with the Kalamani. And I know that disappoints you. But can't me connecting us to the Jeon's be powerful enough? If.. If Tae agrees, of course..."

She pauses and I frown, looking toward Jungkook to see if he understands what she's implying. I definitely don't. Jungkook blinks and shrugs his shoulders slightly.

Nova clears her throat awkwardly while I simply blink at her, very confused. "Taehyung, say yes."

"Yes!" I blurt out immediately, used to giving Nova whatever she wants and always loving every second of it. I assume this time won't be any different. "What am I agreeing to?" I mumble to the faerie by Nova's side.

Euclea smirks. "Marrying Nova."

My jaw practically grazes my bare feet. "Oh!.. Okay!..."

Jimin and Brynn snigger while Jungkook raises his eyebrows slightly. "That would be pretty beneficial.. I could convince my dad pretty easily."

"Is this, like.. A serious thing? And a soon thing?" I gulp, suddenly very nervous.

The queen sighs. "It's a potential. I'll have to consider. We can't afford to offend the Kalamani and turn down their generous offer. But, yes. It would be much better to connect to the Jeon's if we can manage it..." She chews on the inside of her lip and mumbles something to a servant on her left.

I frown, having fallen straight back into a pool of confusion and feeling a little like I'm drowning in the unknown at this point. "Wait, what do the Kalamani have to do with it?"

Nova looks away quickly and that just makes me even more bemused.

"Nova was to wed General Enlil Cadman's son in a few months." The queen waves her hand toward me, stating this fact as if merely telling me the day's weather forecast.

If my jaw had reached my feet, my chin digs itself deep into the ground. "But, now she won't. Right?." To say I'm angry is an understatement. I'm sick of being lied to. Especially by Nova. Yes, I lied about the bite, but I was just waiting until the right moment and when we first met she didn't even tell me that she literally owns my ass, and then she decides that I'm better off not knowing that my girlfriend is engaged to another guy?!

"I need to think it over, as I'm sure Jiseok will as well." The queen brushes off my comment.

I'm fuming so much, I'm shaking. I think Kerokeis notices but I don't even care.