EOL 24

Third Person Pov

Under a bright spring sun, he walks on the healthy green grass approaching the biggest tree in the park. When he already stands still in front of the tree, his hand traces the long carved word on it. The significant words where he is the one who engraves it. As his hand keeps on tracing the almost fade carved, old memories that still fresh in his mind starting to plays back on his head.

Flashback

"What are you doing?" The girl asked.

Without turning his head towards her, he replied "You'll see"

As he continues to carve the tree, his lips couldn't stop smiling. Happy thoughts are lingering in his mind.

The leaves on the branches sway as spring gentle breeze blew upon them giving a sweet melody as the wind brush through them living a soft windy sound that plays sweetly in Yoon's ears. She stands there below the tree facing the green open field -waiting for Mingyu to finish on what he been doing. The boy asked her to come to the park where the three best friends usually spend their free time together. But this time, he asks for her to come alone. Without her very best friend.

"Yoon, It's done" Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, Yoon turned her body to face Mingyu.

"Huh? What?" When her eyes stop at where Mingyu is pointing with his index finger, she tilted her head at the word carved on the tree. Her brow drew together at the view.

Min&Yoon
For Ever

In a second after she had read the word and processes them, the park that having it's quiet peace suddenly beam with a loud voice as she began to laugh so hard all of the sudden at the boy in front of her.

"What is this? For Ever? What are we?... Couple?. For you to do this" Her words came in quicks gasps between her unstoppable giggles. Tears gathered in the corners of her eyes, threatening to spill over as she finds that the thing it's too absurd.

But Mingyu on the other hand, just stood there looking dejected. His shoulder was slumped and his eyes cast down in a mournful gaze at her reaction. He did not expect the girl to give that kind of reaction. He has expected too much, to begin with.

At that moment after Yoon suddenly realize what is happening, she immediately stops her self from continuing laughing. Regret blows over her in quiet moments.

Later, she steps forward towards the boy.

"Mingyu... I'm sorry." She pleaded.

When there is no answer from the boy who keeps on standing still without looking back at her. She called him one more time.

"Mingyu..."

For Mingyu, he doesn't know why he felt so hurt when the girl laughed at his hard work. He does it with all his heart. He does it cause he wants to do it. He wants to show to the girl what she really means to him. He already promised himself, today, it will be the day he confesses his feeling towards her. Feeling that he keep as a secret to long until it hurt him to keep it any longer. So he did his best to impress the girl. Intentionally wearing her favorites color shirt, tidying his hair to look more manly, spend hours of his time to make the carved looks good, but all of it was a loss. It doesn't pay off.

"I know Yoon, I know..." Cold of wind blows in holes that left behind his chest. Mingyu head is hanging low. He lost his bravery that he had a while ago. Just before the girl blow out her laugh making fun of what he had done specially for her.

"I know we are not a couple. But I thought I had shown you enough how important and special you are to me..." Mingyu turn his back on her. He then continues.