Chapter 5

Austin's POV
         As everyone quite down after Iris and her twin sister Selena left I got a bad feelin'. "Somethings not right" I say Clay had left a while ago saying we were idiots. But like I cared what he though though I knew Zero agreed with him. Including Duke too. But once I learned they were outcasts what was I suppose to do. We need to be high and might not associate with losers.
         Two girls passed by us talking "man poor Iris and Selena. They never get to catch their breath" said one girl "yeah" said the other. "I hope he doesn't hit them" said girl two "yeah or try and rape them again either" said girl one. Now I knew my gut was right "let's go" I answered as I look to see Iris's friends chasing after them.
         "Why" asked Gabe "don't ask questions just come on" I tell him with annoyance in my tone. He doesn't argue as he, and the others get up while following me. We walk out to hear a scream we round the corner fast to see Iris on the ground. As Selena goes to Iris's aid, we see Clay at Iris's side too, and Iris's friends chasing her Dad off. "What's going on" I ask them, but noticed blood coming from Iris's head.
         I go to touch it, but Selena swats my hand away. "Jackass you have no right to touch her!" Selena shouted I noticed her cheek was bright red. "Are you ok" Gabe asked her with concern in his voice "why does it matter to you" we hear someone step in. We look to see their friends, and I am guessing the one that stood up. Was the boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was the tallest in the group, and had freckles on his face.
         "He was just trying to be nice" Zero asked "is being nice pouring a milk carton on someone's head" asked a girl. Her skin was copper, her hair black with tree bark brown eyes. She had to be no more than 5'3. "Easy Joy" said a girl with boy like black hair as she grips the girls shoulder.
         Before our arguing could continue we hear a groan and look to Iris. "Damn that bloody man" Iris said as she sat up slowly "careful" said Selena.
          "Are you alright" Clay asked her, I had never seen him worry so much over a girl. "Yeah. I think all I got was a simple concoction" Iris's told him, and I guess everyone too since we were all listening.
         "Iris we should go to the doctor" said Selena "no they just call Dad. Then we'd be right back at where we started" Iris warned her. "Yes but Iris you need medical help" Selena told her, Iris sighed "fine I will go. But you have to stay here with the others" Iris said. "But-" "no buts" said Iris cutting off Selena "I will go with her" Clay spoke up.
         "Thank you" said Selena "and they will too" Clay said meaning the guys and me. Selena just nodded her head "see you later" said Selena "don't act like I'm dying" said Iris. Selena rolled her eyes at Iris, they hugged each other tight with their friends joining in. Once they all pulled back Clay picked up Iris, who looked kinda sleepy now.
         We left Iris's Friends and sister behind us as walked to our motorcycles. I had a bad feeling about something with that guy just now, and even more funny feeling it won't be the last we see of him.

                                       ****
          We arrived at the hospital, and Iris was immediately taken to have stitches put in. "Well Clay what happened" Duke asked speaking up "what do you mean" Clay asked dumbfounded. "Well it wasn't just luck to see you helping Iris" Gabe spoke up Clay sighed a bit. "I was walking trying to clear my head with a book. When I came upon the scene of Selena and Iris with their father" said Clay.
         When I heard father I couldn't believe that a father of two beautiful girl could be so cruel. "He slapped Selena face very hard causing her to fall. Iris punched her father's back to turn his attention on her" Clay informs us then continues "he hit her but it didn't bother Iris a bit. She just hit him back and harder too. But then their father got real mad and threw Iris into the wall by her". Now I wanted to punch that mother fuckers face in.
         "He kicked her in the stomach then that's when I came in. I punched her father in the face and he screamed like a little girl. Iris's and Selena's Friends appeared taking on their father. While and Selena checked on Iris and the rest you know" Clay told us.
         I couldn't help but be pissed at myself and that damn father of theirs. As my thoughts went nuts we heard a voice "Excuse us we are looking for Iris Hill". We turn to see our first period teacher with that Fucking Father of Iris and Selena. "And who might you be" the nurse behind the counter asked "her father and step mother" said the man slightly slurring.
"I am afraid she is no condition for visitors right now" says Duke walking up wearing a white coat... WAIT WHERE DID THE COAT EVEN COME FROM!!! "Duke?" asked the teacher surprised "hello Mrs. Green" said Duke.
"May I ask why you are here and not in school" Mrs. Green asked Duke "I am a doctor in training here. Also I do not advise bringing a person to see her, who she has a restraining order on" Duke tells them. "NOW WAIT A DAMN FUCKING MOMENT! I AM HERE FATHER-" "who abused you for six years. Iris physically and mentally. While Selena you only abused mentally" Duke said looking in a file.
"Now I must ask you to leave" said the nurse as Iris's parents were silent. "Of course" said Mrs. Green truly looking hurt "tell those fucking ungrateful brats this isn't over" said their father as he and Mrs. Green walked away.
"Poor girls" said Clay "What?" asked Gabe "they were abused at home and made fun of at school. How... how cruel" Clay told us. We were silent "UGH SHUT UP!" we hear someone yell and turn to see Iris. Nurses were chasing her trying to get her to calm down and go back. "Let go!" Iris shouted then held her head Clay waisted no time to help Iris.
"What's going on" I ask "she won't let us put stitches in" said a nurse. "I haven't even gotten stitches before and I ain't starting now" said Iris "you have had stitches before seven years ago after you saved your sister from getting hit by a baseball" said Duke. "Yeah well I had my mother then" said Iris "where is she" asked Zero. "Died four days after she got her stitches out" said Duke looking into the file again.
"Does that file also tell you how they got those stitches in my head" Iris asked clearly irritated by Duke. "Yes your mother held your hand as they put them in" said Duke, Iris sighed in frustration at Duke. "Come on" I say grabbing her arm roughly leading her back to the room. Though Iris protested against it, she lost obviously.
         I sat on the table and lifted Iris up onto my lap; she weighed close to nothing. I wrapped my arms around her and her arms. Then crossed my feet over hers so she didn't hurt anyone. The nurses came back in put the stitches in and Iris did very well. "Make sure you don't sleep for 24 hours" said the nurse "yeah, yeah I know" said Iris.
         We walked out and we're about to leave when we heard "Iris, honey?" we turned to see a lady. She wore glass with usual doctor clothing with the white coat. She had her hair pulled into a messy bun, and her hands were in her pockets. "Oh hi Lisa" said Iris "what are you doing here" asked the woman named Lisa. "Nothin" said Iris casually then walked away without another word.
         The nurse stepped out and Lisa turned to her. "What was Iris doing here" Lisa asked the nurse "sh she had a a con concussion and n needed st stitches" the nurse stuttered out clearly terrified of this woman. "That bastard" Lisa shouted the nurse jumped slightly then scurried away. "Excuse me" I say and she looks to me "yes" she answered with an eyebrow raised.
         "How do you know Iris" I asked "I met her when she first came in here. When that bloody father of hers fractured her rib cage" Lisa said plainly. Now that truly pissed me off. "Lisa come quick!" someone shouted and Lisa ran off.
         I went into the waiting room to see Clay was gone along with Iris. Zero was gone too, but not Duke and Gabe. "I want you to find everything on Iris. Don't leave a damn thing out" I ordered and they nod their heads to me. "Good. Because she will be mine" I said walking off to leave.
         Watch yourself carefully Iris Hill, you are going to be mine. Weather you like it or not.