Chapter 18

Iris's POV
We all stared at Austin, Gabe, and Duke shocked. They had gotten everything on my list from the exact stores with in an hour. "How?!" questioned Romeo shocked like us all "we split up" said Austin simply.
I laughed at him and everyone, but the laughing caused me pain making wine instantly. "You shouldn't laugh you know" said Seb "I know" I said then smirked through the pain. "But it's kinda funny to watch everything and everyone" I told them, and they all glared at me. I started to laugh again instantly regretting it, because of the pain.
"Qui vai figlia" (Here you go daughter) said Xavier handing me pain killers and water. I immediately took them and then looked to everyone. They all looked at me with sad eyes "stop looking at me like that" I said sighing knowing they can't help it.
Before any of them could say anything one of guards walked into the living room. "Sir. He's here" the guard told Austin making me go wide eyed. "N-n-no n-n-no k-k-keep h-h-him a-a-away" I stuttered out in fear Romeo, Selena, Klaus, and Xavier waisted no time to hug me. "It's ok figlia. He won't hurt you" said Xavier trying to calm me down as I rocked myself back and forth. "Especially while I'm alive" said Austin turning to leave "d-d-don't g-g-go" I stuttered out to Austin.
         "Austin will handle him" said Xavier standing Romeo and Klaus following his lead. "Stay here with Iris" said Xavier buttoning his suit up a bit "ok" said Austin looking at me. Xavier, Romeo, and Klaus then left while Austin came and comforted me.
         "Iris it's ok" said Selena as Austin sat down next to me, Austin picked me up shocking me. He placed me on his lap then hugged me into his chest I wrapped my arms around his waist. Though I was doing this sideways I didn't really mind I was just enjoying the comfort.
                        Klaus's POV
         Romeo and I walked on either side of our dad a little bit back from him. When we came to the black iron gates that bastard stood there with his men behind him. Austin's men I knew would back us up because, Austin ordered them to back us up.
         "Ah Xavier Esposito" said that man, who has ruined our sister's life and took her virginity when she was young. "And his two bratty boys" he added on "Peter Cove" said our father. "Just hand over my little toy will you" said Peter Cove, when he became the gang leader. We had to send Iris and Selena away unfortunately they got adopted. That's all I know I've noticed scaring on both of them, but didn't ask.
          "You mean my daughter, Iris. Then one you got pregnant then beat her till the baby died" said Dad making that ass smile at us. "Yes that one" Peter Cove said and I wanted to kill his ass now "no" said my father bluntly. "Xavier now don't make us barrage in" said Peter Cove, Dad smirked at Peter as our men pulled up in black SUVs.
         Our men and women got out of the cars pointing guns straight at Peter and his gang. Peter's Gang is small unlike ours we're huge not as huge as Austin's big enough. Peter's smile faded as he glared at us "kill them" Dad said and gun fire started.
                            Iris's POV
         We heard gun fire and I shit my head up "Papá, Klaus, Romeo" I whispered speaking normal again. I went to try and stand but Austin wouldn't let me. "It's fine" said Austin to me but I didn't believe him. "No my family needs me" I said struggling to get out of Austin's grip on me. Only hurting my ribs more "stop Iris you'll reopen something or make your ribs hurt more" said Evelyn smacking my upside my head.
         I stopped, but had a bad feeling. We hear the door open and hear many voices entering the house. They were laughing and shouting at each other, and I remembered when I use to come home after school. With every other kid from the gang... wait a damn minute!
My Dad's Gang comes into the living room laughing and talking. "Hey Iris" said Ryan a boy who is Klaus and Romeo's Best Friend "hey Ry Ry" I say casually smirking at him. "Ew it's Iris" said Quinn playfully "ew it's Quinn" I say playing with her back. "Sup my Bitch" said Quinn to Selena playfully "sup slut" Selena said back just as playfully.
"Hey look we can tell them apart now" said Leo as he stood next to his twin Paul. "Hey look it's the douche bag of the two of you" I shout back at Leo "right to the heart" said Leo acting like he holding a knife where his heart is. "And still a Drama Queen" said Paul rolling his eyes at his twin erring him a playful nudge from his twin.
         "So Iris. I thought you said you never love Austin Preston" said Quinn grinning ear to ear "jeez just let my secrets out" I say rolling my eyes grinning myself. "Wait what?" asked Austin confused "when we first going the gang following are parents. Our first assignment was to get some stuff from you. Iris and I saw you, I honestly was drooling. But Iris he was all stone faced" said Quinn.
"Late on I wouldn't shut up about you. Iris admitted you were cute, but a total Playboy" added Klaus smirking recalling the memory. "He still is" I add in smirking along with my brothers "hey" said Austin trying to tickle me. But I smacked his hand away and stood up walking over to my old friends.
"And of course everyone in the SUV started teasing me. Then I said I would never love you. Because who likes a Playboy" I say as I walk to my old friends. "You do" said Leo pointing at me "want to lose that finger" I ask Leo, who pulls his finger away from my face. "How does she go from timid to powerful like that?" we heard Gabe asked and I frowned.
"It's just something about that man that causes me to be like that" I say my head hanging low "Well that man is dead" said Dad grinning proudly "FINALLY!!!" everyone including me shouts. We're so mean.
While every stayed and mingled in the living room I sneaked off. I needed some air I sat on the kitchen's giant island staring out the window above the sink. "Iris" said Selena and I turn to see her and Jacob. "Tomorrow's Mom 11th anniversary" I say looking back out the window.
         Jacob and Selena join me on the counter "I still have nightmares" said Selena "and they got worse when you were taken" she added. "Yeah she slept in my bedroom a lot because it made her feel safer" said Jacob, I nodded my head. "And tomorrow's Dad's 13th anniversary" Jacob says "I wish we knew him" I said "yeah" agreed Selena. "Dad was the type of man who put his family and close friends first" said Jacob "see where you get that Iris" Selena tells me.
         She was right I definitely got that from him. "And Dad loves the fact he got to have two little Princesses" Jacob told us, we spent about an hour in the kitchen. Jacob telling us what Mom and Dad were like. We enjoyed hearing all the funny stories and knowing our parents better. It made more since why Mom killed herself, but it was still selfish of her.
         But I forgave her a long time ago for what she did. The nightmares though will never go away I know that for sure.