Chapter 23

Iris's POV
       Selena and I arrived at the Mall with Katie and Michael, Katie reminded me so much of my younger self. We got out my truck and headed inside Katie holding my hand like her life depended on it. Katie and Michael are six they are extremely cute; I am pretty sure they both stole my heart the moment I saw them. Selena seems a little excited about it too, but she doesn't really know kids like I do.
       But neither the less we both love these two already. Selena took Michael to the boys section of the store me with Katie. I showed Katie a pink shirt with the Batman signal on it. "You want this Katie" I asked her showing it to her, she nodded her head yes, but still was scared. I crouched down to her level I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.
       "It's ok Katie no one with hurt you as long as I live. I promise" I say sticking my pinky out to her. Katie looked at it then slowly took it I then pressed my thumb to her. "Promise" I told her, she smiled and said "Promise". We then picked out some clothes, shoes, and accessories too. Katie and Michael both laughed and talked to us, but I knew they'd stop once we went home.
       I knew Janette was heading to the mental hospital, and I was told about Dallas moving in with Rodger. And since Selena's moving in my room will have two rooms for them. We then and picked out furniture for their rooms. We then got them some books and toys too.
       We are now watching as the twins take pictures. So we can hang them and keep them. We called the Social Worker after we decided that the twins would be mine. Since I have wanted kids longer than Selena. Haha. So now I will be adopting the twins in two weeks. Once I turn eighteen, so two days after my birthday.
                             (Picture Above)
       "This is our family now" said Selena as we hugged each other. Then joined in with the twins as they called us over.