Chapter 22

Austin's POV
        I watched as Iris talked to someone then Selena walked over. They exchanged some words then walked outside closing the door.
         "Does that happen every time?" Zero questioned "no" says Janette just as confused. "I know what's going on" said Jacob getting up and walking right out the door. "What's going on?" questioned Zero again still so confused as all of us. I look to Selena and Iris's friends to see their looking to each other. They then run over to the window to see what's going; the boys and me following.
       We look out the window to see Selena, Iris, and Jacob's backs as they talk to the Social Worker. The Social Worker walked back to her car then got something out of her car. Then she walks back to the three of them as they talk more. Iris squats down and were shocked there are kids here. "Shit" said Rodger, I guess they figured out what's going on.
       The kids are a girl and boy, they looked a lot a like. They both had blonde hair and blue eyes. The girl wore a Hello Kitty shirt with pink shorts; her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. The boy wore a dinosaur shirt and blue jean shorts; his hair was shaggy slightly covering his eyes.
       Iris stood back up Selena then came back inside looking at us then shaking her head. She ran upstairs then came back down with two purses. She then walked back out the door all of us looking back out the window. The Social was leaving now Selena handed keys to Iris. They then took the girl and boy by their hands heading for Iris's truck.
         Jacob came back inside all of us look to him. He sighed looking to us "their twins and Iris and Selena are taking them in. They are going to take the kids shopping. Then come back and Selena is moving into Iris's room. The girl is Katie and the boy is Michael" said Jacob looking sad.
       "What is it?" asked Joy with concern "their parents were murdered. The little girl Katie reminded me of Iris. She won't speak just stares at everything blankly. That's why the Social Worker brought them here knowing the girls could help" said Jacob. He then went into the kitchen leaving us all their saddened for those kids. "Poor guys" said Janette "well I'll move into Rodger's room too. Since Janette and I are broken up" said Dallas.
       We look to them shocked "when?" asked Evelyn "two days ago" said Dallas. He then went upstairs not sparing a single glance at Janette. She sighed "I am actually leaving to go to a mental hospital. I think I need help" she said. Her friends then hugged her and told her they'd be here for her forever. She then went up stairs to start packing her stuff up.
         "Just when we think stuff are going good" said Seb, they then all went upstairs. "Man they all must be messed up. If they live together like this" said Gabe "they aren't" said Duke. "But their lives are" added Zero knowing what Duke meant.
         I then look back out the window as it starts to rain. Guess life just has curve balls.