Chapter 12

Iris's POV
                              11 years ago
         I stood next to my Foster Mom in Walmart as we were getting some groceries. My Foster Mom was very nice, but her husband was never around. And when he was he won't spend time with her or my Foster Brother Romeo.
         Romeo was seven my Brother Jacob's age, and Romeo looked at me like I was his actual sister. Romeo had fawn color hair and green eyes with copper skin. I was holding his hand as we walked through the store afraid to get lost. It was very nice.
         "Iris, Romeo dears will you two go grab some cereal please" my Foster Mom asked. I would have answered her, but after what happened with my mom. I haven't talked I only talk to Romeo, because I feel safe with him. "Yes Mom" Romeo says cheerfully as I nod my head shyly in agreement "I'll wait here" she told us. Then we walked off to the cereal boxes to get some.
         As Romeo and I stand there looking at the cereal boxes two men come up and grab us. Romeo and I scream, but the men play it off easily. "We finally found you kids" said one man "we're going home" said the other man. The men then picked us up and carried us out of Walmart as we struggled to get away.
         We got to a black van and they threw us in the back, and two other men tied us up. The men in the back with us licked their lips as they looked at me. Which was scaring me. "Remember don't touch the boy" one of the men in the front reminded the men. "But the girls fair game" said one man in the back of the van. "Exactly" said the second man in the front.
         The men in the back kept staring at me like how I look at chocolate, and it was scaring me. I looked to Romeo, who looked just as scared as me.
         The van comes to a stop and without hesitation the two men in the back grab me. While the two men from the front grabbed Romeo. They took Romeo to one room of this abandoned house and me to another room.
         I was slammed against an old mattress that smelt like old pee, and something else. "I want to go first" said one of the men as he tied my hands to a head board. "Why don't we both do it" said the second man locking the door. "Why not" said the first as he ran his fingers down my arm sending disapproving shivers down my spine.
         He then kissed me roughly as I cried and struggled to get away. But the second man pulled down my pants and underwear. And then they did the deed. Later on the other two men came in and did the same to me.

****
I heard gun shots not so long ago. And I laid there scared to death; I hear the door creek open and I silently cry. "Hello dear. I am Xavier Steven" said an older mans voice I begin to shake. "It's ok. I am not here to hurt you. I am here to take you somewhere safe" he says. He unties my hands and wraps a soft blanket around me.
"Don't worry" he said picking me up "your safe" he whispered as I feel asleep.

****
I shot up breathing heavily as I looked around to see my door open, and I could hear yelling. I got up slowly still feeling light headed. I walked out to see Austin, Jacob, and Selena arguing with my... Gang Family. "Dad, Romeo, Klaus" I say not knowing what else to say.
They all look to me "Iris" says Klaus trying to move towards me, but Austin stepping in his way. "Guys" I say shoving past Austin and hugging my family. "Oh Iris" said my dad as I smile with joy.