Chapter 15

Iris's POV
Though my dear brothers Romeo and Klaus are only here for two weeks. They have insisted on joining school with me until then. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror then to my wrists. The old scars from the blades and glass I used so long ago still painted my skin. I turned my hands over to look at the scars on my knuckles from me punching things in anger.
I remember getting a call and Xavier yelling at me for being such a recluse fool. He was right, but he understood my pain. He understood why I was angry, sad, and depressed. He understood me better than anyone, after all he is my Papá. And I am more than thankful for him and everyone in my life. But my memories haven't left me, and I am still disgusted with myself.
I hear a knock on the bathroom door snapping me out of my thoughts. "Iris, Love come on!" shouted Austin through the bathroom door I sighed but unlocked the door. I opened the door to find Austin standing there dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans. "Ready?" he asked me, and I nodded my head; though deep down I wasn't.
We head down stairs were everyone was already ready and waiting. I looked to Romeo and Klaus, who knew off the back something was wrong. But they stayed quite not wanting to worry anyone around us. "Hey Iris you want to ride with me?" asked Klaus, I smiled "sure" I told him.
         I went to walk to him, but Austin wouldn't let me go. "Let go" I say trying to keep my calm. Ever since I cuddled with him the other night he hasn't let me leave his damn side. Unless he has to run 'errands' as he calls them, but I know what they really are. Drug deals, weapon trades, etc. you know all the bad things you shouldn't do.
         "No. You are riding with me" Austin stated as he tried to pull me back towards him. My fighting isn't that rusty, so I flip Austin over my back. Once he's on the ground and has let go of my hand. I walk over to Klaus and Romeo as they snicker away at Austin. "I said 'let go'. You should have just let go" I say through gritted teeth loud enough for everyone to hear.
         Romeo, Klaus, and I walk out the door while those two are still snickering with a smile. I get in Klaus's Lamborghini waiting for a few seconds for Klaus to join me. Klaus gets in starts his car then calls Romeo, so he may join the conversation.
Once Romeo picks up and we are heading off the property Klaus asks "what's wrong". I sigh "Austin is being a pain in the ass" I say bluntly "we know. But that's not it" Romeo says through the phone. I sigh again "the n-n-nightm-m-mares ca-came b-b-back" I stuttered. I was shocked I just stuttered I looked to Klaus and he looked shocked too.
I hadn't stuttered since I started talking again, and that was a long time ago. "Ok we may have to leave sooner than expected" said Romeo "yeah" agreed Klaus. I look to him to see him looking in his review mirror. I look back to see several unfamiliar black cars speeding after us. "Damn it" said Klaus as one slammed into us I screamed though.
"Hang on Iris. They won't dare go on school grounds" Klaus tells me as we start to speed. I hear my phone ring and look to see Selena's number pop up. "O-o-o g-g-god" I stutter out "what" asked Klaus and I show him my phone. "Great Fuck" he said his Italian accent really coming out now.
Klaus takes the phone from me and answers it. "Hello Selena" Klaus says purring her name in his Italian accent knowing how it messes with her. "Oh Iris can't come to the phone right now" said Klaus and I roll my eyes at his lame excuse. "Why?" He says probably repeating what Selena just said. "Well because she is a foul mood. That's why" Klaus tells her harshly "no, no Iris wants to go to school. Anyways Selena will see you there" said Klaus, he then hangs up the phone.
I take my phone back and stutter a thanks to Klaus. "Absolutely no problem" Klaus tells me as we drift into the school parking lot with Romeo right behind us. The guys following us keep heading straight, and the boys park next to each other. We get out of the cars and all sigh with relief.
But just as I thought I was safe I'm grabbed from behind feeling the cool metal of a barrel on my temple. "Hello dear" an all to familiar voice said sending shivers of disgust down my spine. "Let her go" said Romeo as he and Klaus pointed guns in our direction.
"Boys please put those down. We both know I have you out numbered" he told my brothers as the vans pulled up next to us. My brothers did know and I smiled a sad smile at them. "T-t-tell Papá I l-l-love him. T-t-tell
e-e-everyone" I stuttered our to my brothers tears running down my cheeks slowly.
"Hmm. Someone is still a good little girl" he said sniffing my hair slightly making me almost puke. Just then Austin and everyone else pulled up "let's go fast!" He ordered dragging me. I was turned towards him as he smiled at me he then repeated what he said long ago "but your still fair game". Hearing those words I knew I was doomed I screamed "AUSTIN!!!".
         Gun fire went off between the three gangs, but the door shut close once their boss was safe. But he once again the whole time looked at me like how I stared a Food. And I still didn't like the look he gave me, and I never would.

***
Happy Thanksgiving My Readers!