Chapter 24

Iris's POV
We get home and Katie and Michael are immediately loved and adored by everyone. Katie doesn't speak, but you can tell she likes the attention. Michael though is just eating this up happily talking away and stuff.
I take Austin and we go upstairs to mine and Selena's room. I close the door and then to Austin "I have something to tell you" I say nervous. "What is it Love" Austin asked concern laced in his voice his eyes reflecting the concern he feels. Making me even more nervous to tell him.
"I'm" I say "what is it" Austin asked after I couldn't finish getting the words out. "I'm adopting Katie and Michael" I say as I look into Austin's eyes. I saw many emotions in his eyes, but the one that I caught first was disgust.
         "Why" Austin asked the disgust clear in his voice "because I love them as if they were my own" I said. "If you want kids we can make kids" said Austin and that hurt me, he doesn't realize how much kids out there deserve to be loved. He doesn't want what isn't biologically his, he wants what is related to him.
         "Get out" I said as my hands formed into fists. "What?" asked Austin confused and shocked "I SAID 'GET OUT'" I yelled at him. Austin looked hurt, sad, but angry. As he passed by me I said "we're over" he then left slamming my door. I waited a minute then went down stairs to see everyone looking at me, Zero, Gabe, and Duke left. But Jacob stayed they all looked worried and scared.
         "What happened" asked Selena "Austin doesn't want anything to do with the twins. So we're done" I say simply. "Iris" said all the girls coming up to me and hugging me. "Mommy" we hear a voice and look to Katie "Come here Katie" I say and she walks over to me, I pick her up. "I love you and I will never leave you and Michael" I say she smiles at me then Michael came over. I put Katie down and us three hug one and another. The others than join in on our hugging, and I cry slightly.
         I now know that I am loved and that I can love. We all pull back and stroke both my soon to be children's cheeks "I swear to you. I will protect the both of you. And I will never leave you" I say they both smile at me then hug me again. I smiled and cried more the other once again joining in.
                          Two Weeks Later
         "Well Miss. Hill, I now officially tell you that you are now their legal mother" said the judge. I smiled big as I held Katie and Michael's hands in mine. I work a waitress job now; I am now looking for a three bedroom apartment for us. It has to be close to their school, but also near my college. All of us graduate next week, and I am going to Culinary school.
         Katie has started talking more to everyone, but she is still shy. Michael plans on doing Football and Baseball at his new school. They both have been attending Therapy and have been doing well so far.
         We look back to see Joy, Seb comforting hat with a smile. They are getting married in a month, and Katie is the flower girl. Michael is going to be the ring bear, and I got him the cutest suit ever.
         Dallas is still single and is going into the army. Rodger of course as the good buddy he is, is going with Dallas. And yes he is single too. Lucy is seeing a great guy that plans on being a banker. Kade is becoming a professional writer, and is seeing a girl who wants to be an actress. Zeth and Emma are still together and are expecting a little boy in three months. Janette is still in the mental institutions; Evelyn is going to school to become a vet. Along with Selena, who is also Katie and Michael's Aunt now.
         Austin and everyone left except Jacob, who is staying with us. He is going to become a Social Worker, and me I am thinking of becoming a Foster Parent. But even if I don't I am still happy as hell. "Love you Mommy" said Katie and Michael hugging me after we took a picture with the judge. "I love you guys too" I say hugging my adorable twins children.