Chapter 6

Iris's POV
         Clay and Zero helped me into the house, because I felt slightly dizzy. They seemed a little distracted; then it hit me like a truck. "Don't worry we don't live with him," I tell them, they looked shocked at me "you could tell?" asked Zero.
         I nodded my head "yeah. But you don't have to worry I live here with my sister and some friends," I tell them as I sit down. "Well will stay until they get here," Zero says sounding worried a bit.
         I shrugged my shoulders "whatever," I say plainly and then switch on the TV. The Worst Cooks of America was on, one of my favorite TV shows. I slipped my shoes and socks off then pulled my knees to my chest. I wrapped my arms around my legs and placed my head down on my right knee. Zero sat down next to me, he kinda reminded me a bit of a Seven year old kid. The way his eyes glow and are full of excitement.
"Oh cool Worst Cooks of America. I use to watch this with my Aunt and Uncle," said Zero. Though this may end bad I just had to know "what happened to them," I asked "their away in Italy for a bit," Zero said.
"And your parents," I asked and I kinda notice the light die in him. "They both died when I was eleven," Zero answered me sadly I patted his back. "Mine too," I say and they both look at me funny.
I sigh "Selena and my real parents died when we were 4. And we were adopted when we were 8. But our new mom died and then we got abused," I say simply remembering the pain. Zero looks at me sad eyed and Clay has sad eyes too. "But it's nothing to complain about really," I say turning my head back to the TV.
For the rest of the time Zero, Clay, and I watched TV Cooking shows. While enjoying the Pizza we ordered. I hear the door open and look to see everyone's home and that Emma and Zeth came over. "Hey," I say as I turn my attention back to the TV "hi," says Zero waving to them. "Hey," says Clay never looking away from the TV.
         "Aren't they sort of the enemy," asked Evelyn confused like the others "no their cool it's the others," I tell them.
         I know they are all nodding their heads even with out looking. "I brought your bag and truck back," Selena tells me as places it down omg don't of me. "I also took notes for you and got your homework," she says and I know damn well she's smirking.
         "I hate you right now!" I shout after her as she laughs at me while shaking her head. "Ooo Worst Cooks of America," says Zeth sitting down right next to Zero.
         Evelyn went upstairs probably to get changed for work. Dallas and Janette have disappeared probably upstairs trying to make a little Dallas or Janette. Sebastian and Joy are cuddled up on the recliner. While Rodger is outside with his car. Kade is helping Selena with Algebra work. Lucy and Emma are sitting on the love seat choice watching TV with us too.
         It was definitely interesting we made bets on who would leave and who would be the best. I won all the time, because I've already seen all these. Zero and Clay got 77.8% percent right and the other percentage wrong. Everyone one was impressed by my winning streak.
         "You guys do know she has seen all of the seasons to Worst Cooks of America. Right?" said Selena and they all looked to me. I just shrugged my shoulders "god damn it Iris," said Zeth as he threw five bucks at me.
         "You are no longer allowed to bet," said Emma handing me five bucks too. I laughed at them, but stopped the moment pain hit me. I breathed in through my teeth making a kind of hissing noise. "Easy there," said Clay placing a hand on my shoulder.
         "Been a while since I had a concussion. I forgotten how it felt," I tell them, they all looked sad at me. "Stop with the pity looks," I say leaning back into the couch.
         "I will get you some Ibuprofen," said Zero getting up fast but then he looked to me. "Where is it?" he asked kinda shyly to me, everyone laughed a little; while I just smiled at him. "Top Cabinet next to the fridge," I instruct Zero, he nods and goes to get it.
         I then looked to Clay and remembered our fun little banter earlier today. "So Clay," I say as Zero comes back with the pills and water. "You going to tell me why Harry Potter is better then City of Bones," I asked before tossing the pills and water into my mouth.
         Clay looked to me smiling "well Harry Potter is more of a Warlock/ Witch book. Which I am more into," Clay tells me. "So then it's your preference of the book," I say "yes," Clay answered me.
         "Book Worms," said Zeth shaking his head as he got up to leave. "We better get going love," Zeth said to Emma "ok," Emma said standing up.
         "Bye guys," we each say to them as they head to the door. They opened the door and we heard a gun caulk. I quickly grabbed one of the 22's from under the couch, so did Lucy. Kade and Selena reaches into two jars and pulled out 22. Joy pulled a knife from under her jeans, while I tossed Seb a 22.
         Emma and Zeth step back slowly and when we look. We see Austin and his buddies holding guns and looking around at us. "Wow," said Gabe and like on cue Rodger kicks down the garage door. Rodger is holding a two barrel shotgun. "Things got heated," said Dallas as he and Janette come down stares.
         "Finished making love now?" asked Lucy, she really doesn't like Dallas that much. Janette shrieked and hide behind Dallas blushing like crazy. "Well the fact their down here says 'yes'," said Kade, I smirk. "Well excuse me," said Lucy putting her gun down Kade did too. Then the rest of us did as everyone stares wide eye.
         "We only have them to protect ourselves and yes we do have permission and papers to prove it" said Joy slipping her knife back into its holder. "That's.. great.. to.. know" said Zero still kinda surprised and shocked like the rest were.
         We all chilled out and watched Lucy and Kade have a heated argument. As they argued I thought how could life get any worse.