2

Please excuse any mistakes or typos I may have made.

***

Louis was screwed. He doesn't understand why he keeps getting himself into these situations, he swears it's like the universe is against him. He tries his best to be a good person. Yes, he occasionally swipes a packet of pop tarts from the teachers lounge but honestly, who was going to eat it if not him? He honestly doesn't think he deserves to be punished so cruelly for something as small as one s'mores pop tarts.

He has his effective speech class today with a new professor that postponed class until today due to family issues. Because of this delay, Louis never actually went into the lecture room listed on his schedule and if he did, he would have realized that it was changed over the summer and his effective speech class is now in another room. But the problem here is that he has no idea where that other room is because the fucking professor never messaged the class.

Another issue that arose is that Louis also seems to be the only person in the entire class to get the room wrong because he is the only one standing in the empty classroom freaking out. "Okay, Louis. It's okay you'll figure this out one step at a time." He whispers to himself while pacing back and forth across the front of the room. "Okay, we'll just go to the welcome center and have them call it in so I can find the right room, that's all."

"It's not good to talk to yourself, you know. People might start to think that you're crazy."

Louis whips around when he hears a familiar voice and sees Harry standing in the doorway of the classroom with a smirk plastered on his beautiful face. Louis clears his throat and shuffles from foot to foot as he blushes in embarrassment. "Who's to say I'm not crazy though?" He manages to squeeze out the witty reply while trying to calm his nerves. Harry grins and steps further into the room.

"Touché."

"What are you doing here? Are you stalking me now, Styles?"

Harry laughs and rolls his eyes. "First of all, it's not fair that you know my last name when I don't know yours, don't you think? And secondly, I'm here for my effective speech class but ended up finding a psychopath talking to himself instead." Louis huffs and crosses his arms, giving Harry a dark look.

"Tomlinson. My last name is Tomlinson and I'm not a psychopath, thank you very much. I was thinking out loud because as you can see we got the room wrong for our lecture hence the reason no one else is here right now."

"So let's go to the welcome center and have them call it in."

"That's what I was going to—ugh, nevermind." Louis grumbles as he stomps past a smug Harry who turns to follow him. They walk in silence for a few seconds as they make their way to the stairs. "Why so grumpy today, clumsy?" Harry asks after a moment as they descend the stairs.

"Don't call me that, I'm not a damn smurf and I'm not clumsy. I was just distracted that day."

"Okay blue. I won't call you that." Harry's grin widens, "You do have the height of a smurf, to be fair." He chuckles when all he gets in response is a harsh glare. Harry nudges the smaller man with his shoulder. "Hey, what's up? The last two times I saw you I don't think I could get you to even shut up. Now, you're angry and only speak to tell me off."

"Why do you care? We're not even friends. I barely know you."

"We're not friends? I think you should reconsider that especially since fate seems to keep putting us together. Seeing each other three times in under a week is a sign, isn't it?" Louis rolls his eyes at the cheesy inquisition he was forced to listen to and turns the corner, pushing the doors open.