21

Please excuse any mistakes or typos I may have made. Please vote and comment! This is just a sweet little chapter with lots of fluff.

***

Louis was sitting in the library trying to study for his last exam of the week. He had papers scattered around with multiple colors of highlighters, pens, and sticky notes. He was nose deep into his textbook, trying to retain as much information as possible. He was trying his best to focus, knowing he needs to pass this class but he was getting distracted.

For the last ten minutes, he could hear someone listening to music somewhere in the area. He tried to push it aside so he could study this last chapter but it progressively got harder to do. He sighs and ruffles his hair, ready to rip it out in frustration.

It wasn't until he heard the faint lyrics of, "You're such a fuckin' ho, I love it," that he finally snapped. He quickly pushes his chair back and stands, his eyes darting around the area. He spotted a hooded figure across the room, his head down so Louis couldn't see his face. He huffs and walks around the desk, stomping his way over to him.

When he was close enough, he stopped and tapped the man's shoulder. There was no response for a few seconds so Louis tapped harder, jamming his finger into his shoulder as hard as he could. The person jumped up, his headphones falling from his ears. "Excuse me asshole, I can hear your music from across the damn room and I'm—Harry?"

The man had turned around and revealed the familiar face he's become so accustomed to. He looked confused and disoriented, obviously having just woke up. "Louis? What are you doing here?" He rasps out while rubbing at his eyes. "Why did you poke me so hard?"

"God Harry, this is ridiculous." Louis groans and rubs his hands down his face. "I was trying to study but I could hear your damn music from across the room and really—you're a Kanye fan?"

"What no, I just put a random playlist on shuffle so I could go to sleep. I was trying to study but I'm too tired to actually focus."

"Why don't you sleep in your dorm, idiot?"

"I was too lazy to walk all the way to the dorms."

Louis sighs in exasperation, slipping his hand to the back of Harry's head. The man craned his neck to look up at his boyfriend as he got closer, his green eyes studying his beautiful face. "You shouldn't listen to music that loud, baby. You'll damage your ears." Louis reprimands him while gently rubbing his fingertips against Harry's scalp.

The man's eyes slipped shut at the calming feeling, a soft sigh escaping past his lips. He really was so tired. He stayed up late talking to Astrid who was having a hard time with her new lab project. "Poor baby, you're really exhausted aren't you?" Louis coos while leaning down to press a kiss to his forehead.

Harry nods slowly and gently tugs his boyfriend closer until Louis was successfully on his lap. Small arms locked around his neck and he pressed his nose into the soft skin of Louis' throat. "I was up pretty late and it's my fault but yeah, I'm so fucking tired."

"Why were you up so late?"

"Astrid called me in hysterics." Harry squeezes his thigh when Louis' hand stops carding through his hair. "It was about this important project she's doing that's worth a lot. I just helped calm her down until she was stable enough to vent. Then I helped her with research before I eventually knocked out."

"Oh." Louis licked over his lips, feeling Harry nuzzle his nose against a fading hickey painted on his skin. "How long were you on the phone with her?"

"Mm, like three or four hours."

Louis' lip twitched and he spread his fingers out so it covered the nape of Harry's neck. "That's nice. Is she okay now?"