3

Please excuse any mistakes or typos I may have made.

***

"Mr. Tomlinson, am I boring you?"

Louis snaps his head away from the window when he hears his professor call his name. He was staring at the job fair that was going on in the square because he spotted Harry walking table to table.

The tall lad was wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a tan jacket with brown boots. His hair was pulled back with a scarf and Louis thought he looked adorable. He couldn't take his eyes off of him which is probably why his professor is giving him a dark look for not paying attention.

"No, I'm sorry sir. I was just distracted." He mumbles before returning his gaze back to the textbook, flipping the page over and reading a random line to make his professor happy. But as soon as he went back to the smart board, picking up where he left off, Louis turned back to the window.

Harry was still at the table he last saw him at and was talking animatedly to the man working, a wide smile on his face. Louis held in his squeal and buried his face into his arms, closing his eyes as he pictured that smile in his mind. Harry was just too cute.

"Mr. Tomlinson!"

***

"So how are things with Harry?" Niall asks as he picks up a pickle slice from his plate, popping it into his mouth. Louis hums softly while he chews on his burger, fiddling with the napkin in his hand. He shrugs his shoulders and swallows his food, clearing his throat afterwards.

"What do you mean? It's fine, we're friends."

"Yeah but you definitely want to be more than friends since you're obsessed with him."

"First of all, I am not obsessed with him. I'm simply enjoying his company as my newest friend. And I never said I wanted to be more than friends, I just said I think he's semi-attractive."

Niall gives Louis a blank look over the sandwich he was holding in his hands. "Right, you can keep thinking that if it helps you sleep at night." Louis scrunches his nose and sticks his tongue out in response before taking another bite of his burger.

"Leave me alone. We're just friends. He's dating Astrid and they've been together for two years now so what's there to say?"

His friend gives him a sad look and Louis brushes it off, not wanting to think about it. Who cares if the first guy he's liked in awhile is straight with a girlfriend? As long as Harry is happy then everything is okay. "Anyway, let's talk about you and Liam. How was the second date?"

Niall grins when Liam is mentioned, his eyes brightening. "He took me on a picnic to this field he found forty-five minutes away. The flowers were all dead because it's getting colder but it was still so beautiful and he cooked all the food he brought." He placed his hands together and sighed happily, reliving the memories of the date in his head.

Louis fake gagged and covered his nose. "Gross, smells like lovesick puppies in here." Niall rolled his eyes and threw a balled up napkin at Louis' head, the smaller man gasping as if offended by his actions. "I was just stating the truth, no need to get all touchy-touchy."

"You're lucky I love you or we would be fighting right now."

"As if you'd fight me. I'd win against you, no question at all."

Niall glowers at his friend. "What makes you think you'd win?"

"Because I'm captain of the soccer team which means my kicks are lethal." Louis says sweetly while unwrapping his second burger, taking a big bite out of the side.