Mixed up

***CONNOR'S P.O.V.***

*** also 1 month later.***

Kelsey and I were in the kitchen, She was making some kind of salad, and I was on tumblr, as usual. Ricky was upstairs and so was Jc, Kian and Andrea went out for their 2 year anniversary and they were going to dinner. Kelsey finished making her salad and took a seat sitting down next to me. I looked over to see her salad, lettuce, Cheetos, Lemon dressing. She knew I thought it was weird.

"What, I'm hungry!" she said defensively and then she laughed. I looked on tumblr and I saw a picture of acacia, she had dyed her hair black and the tips purple, it was cute I kinda liked it. I just continued to scroll through. I heard Kelsey's phone. She answered it.

"Hey," she said. The person said something through the phone, I didn't hear it though.

"No way!" she said a shocked look on her face, the person on the phone continued talking.

"Ok i'll be right there!" she said.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"Uhhhh I'll be back later..." she said sounding all questiony. I just went with the flow.

"Ok bye" I said and she waved and headed out the door.

***KELSEY'S P.O.V.***

2 weeks ago I went to the doctors for a checkup. But they found a brain tumor, I didn't tell anyone, because I didn't want anyone to worry about me, and everyone else seemed to calm and happy, I didn't want to be the one to screw it up. The doctor had called me to say they think they found something else, but they wanted to run one more test before they were certain. So I went to the doctors. I didn't tell Connor where I was going, I didn't want him to find out about anything, I knew I would have to tell him though. I just didn't want to break his heart.

"Hello, I'm Kelsey mclentin." I said to the nurse. Yes I still have my last name "mclentin, Connor and I never actually were pronounced husband and wife, so we are currently working on rescheduling the wedding and we haven't worked out all the details. The nurse led me to a room with a machine that scanned a few things and I don't even know what else. When I had finished the nurse told me I could wait in the waiting room and they would have the results soon. So I waited for about an hour. Then the doctor came out. He asked me to follow him, I followed him to his office.

"Kelsey, I'm so very sorry but, you have cancer, listen I know you can fight this battle just stay strong okay? we can give you more details on Wednesday, just come back here." He said, sounding very sympathetic.

"Cancer?" I said, I began crying and the nurse walked in and gave me a hug.

"Aww, it's okay sweetie." she pulled away and looked me in the eye, " I know your a fighter, you fought right through that coma, I know you will get through this, don't let cancer stop you." she said. I nodded and then I took my purse and left. I cried the whole way home. How would I tell everyone. When I pulled into the driveway I waited till I stopped crying, I took out my makeup bag, and put on my makeup to look like nothing even happened, I faked a smile and walked inside. Andrea and Kian and everyone else was in the living room.

"GUESS WHAT?!" Andrea shouted.

"WHAT?!" I said copying her tone.

"KIAN AND I ARE ENGAGED!" she said excitedly.

"OMG! I'm so happy for you two!" I said smiling. I went upstairs trying to avoid everyone. I just wanted to avoid life right now.

***WEDNESDAY***

"Connor, I'm going out." I said to him, I was about to leave when he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Where are you going, for real? " he said.

"Doctors checkup." I answered quickly.

"Kelsey, I know your faking that smile. What's up?" he asked.

"Connor, sit down, I need to tell you something." I said, this was it, he was going to find out soon enough, Minus well be now.

"Connor, I've been going to the doctors because they want to run some tests and they want to give me some more information about..." i paused for a moment looking into his sad eyes. "my cancer" I said looking away. I started to cry and Connor pulled me into a hug. he cried too.

"I will be here for you every step of the way, but I know you Kelsey mclentin, I know that you won't go down with out a fight" I turned back around and kissed him on the lips.

"I have to go now, Connor, I love you" I said, I got up, grabbed my purse and I drove to the doctors. when I got there the doctor took me in about 5 minutes after waiting in the waiting room.

"Okay kelsey, well we found out that you don't have a tumor, and you don't have cancer, we are majorly sorry for the scare! We got you mixed up with Andrea Russett, we had your files mixed up for some reason!" he said. Wait Andrea?! Andrea, my best friend, had cancer.

"Oh" I said holding back tears. he rambled on for about 30 more minutes, but all I could think about was Andrea, my best friend, and brothers fiancé having cancer.